The Art Studio will be hosting an event in which local artists and art lovers come together to share in a unique showing of "tasteful" art.
On Feb. 14 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. guests will experience gallery art accompanied by a matching food sample for a full art experience. For example, one entry was that of an apple painting accompanied by caramel candies and therefore the viewer enjoyed a "caramel apple."
Fun and creativity is what this showing is all about and we look forward to seeing some new and familiar faces enjoying a little food and a lot of art.
Call for Artists
This Tehachapi event is open to all artists, students, and newbies working in all painting, printmaking, drawing media, photography and sculpture. Abstract, expressive, impressionist or realistic styles are welcome. Entries will combine an original subject or concept and pair it with a matching food.
* Entry Deadline: Feb. 6, 3 p.m.
* Eligibility: open to all artists
* Medium: painting, printmaking, drawing media, sculpture and photography
* Art can be any size, must bring matching food in small portions and ready for tasting. For large art pieces needing special consideration for display, please email email@example.com.
* One framed and ready to hang artwork per artist.
* No charge for hanging or if sold.
* Rated PG please.
Drop off dates for Taste the Art are every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last date for drop off is Thursday February 6, 2014 at 3 p.m. Latest drop off date for food that will be accompanying art is Feb. 14, at 4:30 p.m.
The Art Studio is located at 20436 Brian Way, Unit G, Tehachapi, Ca. 93561