© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 7, 2014:
The latest news - The Tehachapi City Council is meeting at 6 p.m. tonight at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St. Agenda items include approving a letter of intent for the formation of a joint agencies agreement for water supply coordination in the Tehachapi Valley.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 4, 2014
2:00 a.m. Drunk in public. Occurred at South Dennison Road and East Tehachapi Boulevard. Male subject sitting on railroad tracks, no further. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
5:35 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Carroll Way. Service Class: RESD barking dog, ongoing problem. Disposition: Advised.
12:53 p.m. Petty theft report. Occurred at Kohnen's Country Bakery on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Theft of item from the store, item was returned. Disposition: Report taken.
3:33 p.m. Counter at the Police Department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Fraud report. Disposition: Report taken.
7:14 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Santa Fe Motel on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Cellular E911 Call: 2 white male subjects causing a 415. Disposition: Report taken.
April 5, 2014
7:29 a.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Taco Samich, East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made.
4:45 p.m. Shots fire/heard. Officer initiated activity at Aspen Drive and West Valley Boulevard. Report of 4 shots heard in the area, silver vehicle was seen fleeing the area on mill toward Carroll Way. Disposition: No further action required.
10:08 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred at Indian Creek Villas on Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
April 6, 2014
10:18 a.m. Warrant service. Officer initiated activity at East Tehachapi Boulevard and South Davis Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
11:53 a.m. Welfare check request. Occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Female occ an older white ford explorer near the east side of the parking lot, subject appears to have been beaten, facial injuries, reporting person standing by. Disposition: Arrest Made. NOTES: Aimee Noel Vladic, 40, was arrested for multiple charges, including Burglary, Possession of Controlled Substance, Petty Theft, Suspended Driver’s License, False ID to a Police Officer, & 3 Misdemeanor Warrants. Lisa Ann Booth, 48, was arrested for a Misdemeanor Warrant. Stolen property was also recovered and returned to Kmart and Love’s Travel Center.
2:56 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred at Art Industries on East "H" Street. Past occurred, graffiti on wall, requesting officer contact. Disposition: Report taken.
10:54 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on North Green Street. Female screaming on "J" Street, can her vehicle, possibly following her. Disposition: Arrest Made. NOTE: Michelle Lyn Raygosa, 36, was arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon after intentionally trying to run over a 26-year-old woman with her car. The victim was not injured, but was carried a short distance on the hood of Raygosa’s vehicle.
April 7, 2014
6:43 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at East Valley Boulevard and Snyder Avenue. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 4, 2014
9:03 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary on Bear Valley Road.Vehicle is a van parked on the south side of the school, veh is parked against the building at the handball court, window on the rear passenger side is broken out. Disposition: Report taken.
5:03 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Road and Bailey Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
April 5, 2014
10:06 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary. Disposition: Arrest made.
April 6, 2014
2:42 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred at Pellisier Road and Banducci Road.Disposition: Assisted.
4:15 p.m. Welfare Check Request. Occurred at Four Island Lake on Pinedale Drive. Disposition: Situation resolved.
4:49 p.m. Extra Patrol. Occurred at Bear Valley Country Store on Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Advised.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Report unavailable at this time.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 71. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 46. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 76. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Arlo Guthrie, "Here Comes The Kids Tour," is at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9, at the Fox Theater. Tickets range from $45.50 to $131.
• Eric Taylor, Texas singer-songwriter, is performing at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at Fiddlers Crossing. Tickets are $20.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is taking place at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, April 11, through Sunday, April 13. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• The Foundation for After School Education in conjunction with the Art Science and Technology Committee will present a fashion show Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m., at the Lisec's residence in Bear Valley Springs. Tickets cost $15. Call Kathleen at 972-9102.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
• AAUW will meet Wednesday, April 9, at 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. "E" St. Guest speaker will be Mirna Troncosco, who will talk about food choices. Call Susan at 821-6008.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet Monday, April 7, at 6 p.m., at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting will be Tuesday, April 8, at 6 p.m., at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St. The regular meeting will be preceded by a session beginning at 5 p.m. to allow the community input on the superintendent selection process.
• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District's next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the district's headquarters at 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m. Varsity at Clovis Tournament next Monday-Wednesday, April 11-16.
Softball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming — Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April9 and vs. North at home (3:30 p.m.) at Dye Natatorium on Thursday, April 10.
Track and Field — Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April 9 and at Gary Adams Invitational — Cesar Chavez (3 p.m.) on Friday, April 11.
Tennis — Varsity at Foothill and Jayvee vs. Foothill at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
Golf — Golf at SEYL Mini Tournament — Horse Thief Country Club — Stallion Springs (11 a.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Tuesday, April 8.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org