© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 8, 2014:
The latest news - The Golden Hills Community Services District and the Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District have both cancelled special board meetings scheduled to take place on Tuesday, April 8. Both meetings were planned to discuss the Steuber Well project. Director Ed Kennedy said the Golden Hills CSD will take up the matter at its next regular board meeting.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 7, 2014
11:15 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Miranda Court. Disposition: Advised.
11:42 a.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street.. Counter -stolen earrings. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:48 a.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Clearview Street. Someone has entered home and spray painted graffiti on the walls. Disposition: Report taken.
12:11 p.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
1:20 p.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred at Tehachapi Hospital on West "E" Street. Disposition: Arrest Made. NOTE: Sean Patrick Miller, 28, arrested and booked for Commercial Burglary, Miller entered the Tehachapi Health Clinic located at 115 West "E" Street and stole an employee’s unattended purse. Miller was located by TPD in the area, still in possession of the purse. All property was recovered.
April 8, 2014
5:39 a.m. Auto accident - no injuries/property. Occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Semi with box trailer tc'd into pylons in the rear diesel and is denying any involvement. d/p still on scene. Disposition: Information Only.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 7, 2014
10:12 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal info. Occurred at Bear Valley Police Department on Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Report taken.
1:16 p.m. Water Department service. Occurred on Jacaranda Drive. Water is running down roadway from a tank. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
7:04 p.m. Hazardous material. Occurred at Rollingoak Drive and Garces Court. Lines sagging down on the right side of rw/ no sparks or 11-25. Disposition: Unable to Locate.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 78. South southeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
• Arlo Guthrie, "Here Comes The Kids Tour," is at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9, at the Fox Theater. Tickets range from $45.50 to $131.
• Eric Taylor, Texas singer-songwriter, is performing at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at Fiddlers Crossing. Tickets are $20.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is taking place at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, April 11, through Sunday, April 13. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• The Foundation for After School Education in conjunction with the Art Science and Technology Committee will present a fashion show Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m., at the Lisec's residence in Bear Valley Springs. Tickets cost $15. Call Kathleen at 972-9102.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
• AAUW will meet Wednesday, April 9, at 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. "E" St. Guest speaker will be Mirna Troncosco, who will talk about food choices. Call Susan at 821-6008.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting will be Tuesday, April 8, at 6 p.m., at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St. The regular meeting will be preceded by a session beginning at 5 p.m. to allow the community input on the superintendent selection process.
• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District's next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the district's headquarters at 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m. Varsity at Clovis Tournament next Monday-Wednesday, April 11-16.
Softball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming — Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April9 and vs. North at home (3:30 p.m.) at Dye Natatorium on Thursday, April 10.
Track and Field — Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April 9 and at Gary Adams Invitational — Cesar Chavez (3 p.m.) on Friday, April 11.
Tennis — Varsity at Foothill and Jayvee vs. Foothill at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
Golf — Golf at SEYL Mini Tournament — Horse Thief Country Club — Stallion Springs (11 a.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Wednesday, April 9.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org