© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 9, 2014:
The latest news - County sets Old Towne 'visioning' workshop for April 11 and 12. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 8, 2014
9:53 a.m. Assist other agencies. Occurred at Tehachapi Hospital on West "E" Street. Cal city unit with out of control inmate in ER, requiring back up. Disposition: Assisted.
11:32 a.m. Subpoena service attempt. Officer initiated activity at Anita Drive. Disposition: Assignment completed.
12:06 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on South Snyder Avenue. In the alley way. Disposition: Information only.
2:31 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at, Anita Drive. Near pool. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:02 p.m. Vandalism report. Occurred on South Curry Street. To vehicle. Disposition: Information only.
4:17 p.m. Found property. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
4:33 p.m. Fire. Occurred on South Green Street. Service Class: BUSN dark tk leaking gas in the street. Disposition: Turn over to fire.
5:22 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at South Davis Street and East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made.
6:48 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on Tucker Road. Reporting person's calling from a silver honda accord- boyfriend was waiting when she got off work, being belligerant, HBD. Disposition: Arrest made.
7:05 p.m. Threats death/bodily injury. Occurred on Oakwood Street. Reporting person stating that threats were made towards R/P's dogs, DPs live on Aspen behind the R/P's residence, stating DPs are shooting air soft gun. Disposition: Advised.
8:09 p.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Requesting officer contact for warrant, at back of the PD, wearing blue plaid shirt. Disposition: Arrest made.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 8, 2014
6:40 a.m. Animal call. Occurred on Sorrel Court. Sighting of a huge bear in yard on bear valley road - no numerics available, only that the house is described as a green hexagon. Bus transportation concern because students are walking to bus stop to go to school. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:16 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Fox Ridge Court. Barking dog. Disposition: No further action required.
3:01 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Gate, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:22 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Timberline Way. Ongoing problem with barking dog at the the residence. Disposition: Warning (Cite/Verbal).
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between April 8 and the morning of April 9, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 10 incidents, including a health and safety code violation on Santa Barbara Drive and a malicious mischief investigation on Valley Boulevard.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light northwest.
Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Arlo Guthrie, "Here Comes The Kids Tour," is at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9, at the Fox Theater. Tickets range from $45.50 to $131.
• Eric Taylor, Texas singer-songwriter, is performing at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at Fiddlers Crossing. Tickets are $20.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is taking place at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, April 11, through Sunday, April 13. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• The Foundation for After School Education in conjunction with the Art Science and Technology Committee will present a fashion show Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m., at the Lisec's residence in Bear Valley Springs. Tickets cost $15. Call Kathleen at 972-9102.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
• AAUW will meet Wednesday, April 9, at 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. "E" St. Guest speaker will be Mirna Troncosco, who will talk about food choices. Call Susan at 821-6008.
• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District's next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the district's headquarters at 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, April 14, has been canceled.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District's next board meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 490 W. "D" St.
• The Stallion Springs Comunnity Services District's next board meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District's next board meeting is at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16, at the district's headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m. Varsity at Clovis Tournament next Monday-Wednesday, April 11-16.
Softball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming — Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April9 and vs. North at home (3:30 p.m.) at Dye Natatorium on Thursday, April 10.
Track and Field — Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April 9 and at Gary Adams Invitational — Cesar Chavez (3 p.m.) on Friday, April 11.
Tennis — Varsity at Foothill and Jayvee vs. Foothill at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
Golf — Golf at SEYL Mini Tournament — Horse Thief Country Club — Stallion Springs (11 a.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Thursday, April 10.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org