© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 10, 2014:
The latest news -
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 9, 2014
10:01 a.m. Health and Safety. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on E. "F" Street. Disposition: Information only.
10:20 a.m. Water Department Service. Occurred on North Mill Street. Water is flooding the area south of Tractor Supply, appears to be coming from storm drain. Disposition: Turn over to.
10:31 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal information. Occurred on Tucker road. Disposition: Information only.
11:55 a.m. Health and Safety. Occurred at East "I" Street. Beige expedition possibly involved in a drug sale. Vehicle has left the area. Disposition: Information only.
12:27 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred at Indian Creek Villas on Tucker Road. Disposition: Information only.
1:21 p.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on Wild Olive Drive. Two male subjects going door to door, when resident declines, they became upset. Disposition: Unable to locate.
1:29 p.m. Rape report. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi High School, South Dennison Road. Disposition: No further action required .
2:45 p.m. Theft of mail. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Report taken.
3:39 p.m. Unauthorized use of personal information. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Report taken.
5:17 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Officer initiated activity at East "H" Street/North Robinson Street. Disposition: No further action required.
7:14 p.m. Pedestrian Check. Officer initiated activity at South Green Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
7:50 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on Tucker Road. Disposition: Unable to locate.
7:51 p.m. Suspicous person. Occurred on Capital Hills Parkway. Disposition: Advised.
7:54 p.m. Annoying phone calls. Occurred on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Report party received a call from someone who made threats to kill her. Disposition: Report taken.
10:22 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at White Oak Drive/South Curry Street. One motorcycle continuously riding up and down the street. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:38 p.m. Burglary, inhabited. Occurred on Valerie Lane. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Bear Valley Police Department: Report unavailable.
April 8, 2014
6:40 a.m. Animal call. Occurred on Sorrel Court. Sighting of a huge bear in yard on bear valley road - no numerics available, only that the house is described as a green hexagon. Bus transportation concern because students are walking to bus stop to go to school. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:16 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Fox Ridge Court. Barking dog. Disposition: No further action required.
3:01 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Gate, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:22 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Timberline Way. Ongoing problem with barking dog at the the residence. Disposition: Warning (Cite/Verbal).
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between April 9 and the morning of April 10, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 10 incidents, including a peace disturbance on Valley Boulevard.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 74. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
Friday Night: Partly sunny, with a high near 74. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
• Eric Taylor, Texas singer-songwriter, is performing at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at Fiddlers Crossing. Tickets are $20.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is taking place at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, April 11, through Sunday, April 13. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District's next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the district's headquarters at 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, April 14, has been canceled.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District's next board meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 490 W. "D" St.
• The Stallion Springs Comunnity Services District's next board meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District's next board meeting is at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16, at the district's headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m. Varsity at Clovis Tournament next Monday-Wednesday, April 11-16.
Softball — Varsity/Jayvee at North and Frosh vs. North at home on Wednesday, April 9. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming — Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April9 and vs. North at home (3:30 p.m.) at Dye Natatorium on Thursday, April 10.
Track and Field — Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, April 9 and at Gary Adams Invitational — Cesar Chavez (3 p.m.) on Friday, April 11.
Tennis — Varsity at Foothill and Jayvee vs. Foothill at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, April 10.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, April 11.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com