© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 11, 2014:
The latest news - County sets Old Town 'visioning' workshop for today and tomorrow. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 10, 2014
9:42 a.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Arabian Drive. Disposition: Information only.
11:06 a.m. Distrubing the peace. Occurred at Monroe High School on South Snyder Avenue. Disposition: Situation resolved.
11:52 a.m. Fire. Occurred on Banducci Road. behind prison field fire- 5 mil south of the prison. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
3:08 p.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred at Canine Creek on Tucker Road. Female caught stealing a dog leash, she is being detained by employee. Disposition: No further action required.
4:13 p.m. Drunk in public. Occurred at Bar Double J Supplies on S Mill Street. In front of business, 3 males, one female, appear to be drinking out of paper bags, loitering. Disposition: Arrest made.
5:13 p.m. Petty theft report. Occurred on Aspen Drive. Stole reporting person's laptop from residence. Disposition: Report taken.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 10, 2014
8:31 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Skyline Drive. Reporting person was bitten by a pit bull, skin broken bleeding-owner of dog lives across the street-dog is contained in yard-no ambluance needed. Disposition: Report taken.
1:57 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred at Starland Drive and Deertrail Drive. 3 loose dogs being vicious tried to bite reporting person's husband. Disposition: Unable to locate.
5:19 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on Pinedale Drive. Mail boxes at four island, there is a w/male, apprx. 12 yo, red helmet, on bicycle, wearing jeans, unknown color of shirt, has been seen loitering in the area for the last couple of days. . Disposition: Checks Ok.
8:39 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Gate, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• Eric Taylor, Texas singer-songwriter, is performing at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, at Fiddlers Crossing. Tickets are $20.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is taking place at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, April 11, through Sunday, April 13. Shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, April 14, has been canceled due to a lack of agenda items.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District's next board meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 490 W. "D" St.
• The Stallion Springs Comunnity Services District's next board meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, at the district's headquarters, 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District's next board meeting is at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16, at the district's headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m. Varsity at Clovis Tournament next Monday-Wednesday, April 11-16.
Softball — Varsity/Jayvee vs. Foothill at home and Frosh at Foothill on Friday, April 11. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Track and Field — Varsity/Jayvee at Gary Adams Invitational — Cesar Chavez (3 p.m.) on Friday, April 11.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since yesterday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, April 14.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com