© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 17, 2014:
The latest news - Local water agencies launch website to help residents report leaks. This easy to use website allows users to report leaks at any time, day or night and even attach photos. "The sooner you learn about a leak, the sooner you can fix it. That means less water wasted," explains Tehachapi Cummings County Water District General Manager John Martin. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 16, 2014
12:26 p.m. Mail theft occurred on Aspen Drive. Reporting person has been missing mail from his mail box. Disposition: Assignment Completed
April 17, 2014
12:22 a.m. Peace Disturbance Verbal. A male was disturbing the peace on E Street. Female stating her boyfriend had been drinking and took her phone and thew it when she tried to use it. No weapons. Disposition: Assisted.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 16, 2014
a.m. Animal call. A bear was sighted at Jacaranda Dr. and High Rock Court. Disposition: Information Only
p.m. Reckless Driving. Reckless driver reported on Bear Valley Rd. Person seen in a white ford with the last three numbers of 500 and was last seen heading toward the Whiting Center. Disposition: Unable to Locate.
p.m. Suspicious circumstances. A female was seen on horseback at the equestrian center, possibly had been drinking. Reporting person had no details of the female nor the horse. Disposition: Unable to Locate.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between April 16 and the morning of April 17, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 13 incidents, including three burglary investigations, and one trespassing call.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 70. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• Fishing Derby will take place on Saturday, April 19 at Brite Lake. The Lake has been stocked with Rainbow Trout. Fishing begins at 7 a.m. commencing at 1:01 p.m. Prizes awarded will total $1,000. Cost is $14 for adults; $10 for children.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be on display through April 19, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Voting by the public will take place through this date, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• "Native Plants in Native Culture Workshop" by Jon Hammond, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 19 in Tehachapi Mountain Park. Tickets are $15. For more information, call 822-8152.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week through April 20, at the Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Tehachapi Unfied School District is holding a special board meeting at 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, at the Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District's next board meeting is at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, at the district's headquarters, 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee at Garces and Frosh vs. Garces at home next Wednesday, April 23.
Track and Field – Varsity at Mt. Sac Relays on Friday (3:30 p.m.), April 18 and on Saturday (9 a.m.), April 19.
Tennis – No matches scheduled this week. Varsity vs. Garces at home and Jayvee at Garces (3:30 p.m.) next Tuesday, April 22.
Softball – No games scheduled this week. Varsity/Jayvee at Garces and Frosh vs. Garces at home next Wednesday, April 23.
Golf – No tournaments scheduled this week.
Swimming – No meets scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since Monday's News@Noon
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, April 18.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org