© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Sept. 2, 2014:
The latest news - Joaquin Balassa, 28, of Tehachapi has been arrested on charges of murder after Tehachapi Police Department officers found two men dead in his apartment in the 600 block of Cherry Lane early Monday morning... Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 29, 2014
10:06 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Allen Court. Barking dog. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:37 p.m. Bar check. Officer initiated activity on Rollingoak Drive. Disposition: Checks ok.
Aug. 30, 2014
1:15 a.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Tehachapi Mountain Pub on South Street. Physical in the patio involving a large group of subjects. One unit in route. Disposition: Assisted.
1:37 a.m. Assist other agencies. Officer initiated activity at Mobil Gas Station, South Street. Disposition: No further action required .
3:43 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on Skyline Drive. Sounded like someone was whistling outside the residence. No longer heard by the reporting party. Disposition: Unable to locate.
4:12 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Heather Court. Barking dog, ongoing problem. Disposition: Assignment completed.
8:37 a.m. 9-1-1 Hang up. Occurred on El Rancho Drive. Cellular 9-1-1 Call. Disposition: Advised.
Aug. 31, 2014
10:30 a.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Jacaranda Drive/Diamond Court. Hanging wire low enough that a tall vehicle could hit it, SCE has been contacted but they won't be coming out until later. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:52 a.m. Trespassing. Occurred at Mulligan Room on Rollingoak Drive. White male adult, 40s, 5' 10", wearing navy sweatshirt and jeans. Subject is not a resident/member of the country club and is harassing people in the area. Disposition: Situation resolved.
11:50 a.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on Chukar Court. Subject is telling the fire captain that someone stole his vehicle and his friend is missing. Disposition: Arrest made.
12:24 p.m. 9-1-1 Hang up. Occurred on Walker Basin. Cellular 9-1-1 Call: Juvenile feels like he is going to pass out. Disposition: Turn over to.
1:49 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Shoreline Court. Two large loose dogs, reporting party is scared to leave her house and wishing contact. Disposition: Assisted.
3:31 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Martingale Way. Dog is two houses north of the reporting party and across the street, it sounds like it is in distress, requesting welfare check of dog and homeowners. Disposition: Checks ok.
3:47 p.m. Threats death/bodily injury. Occurred on Oakwood Street. Reporting party's brother is intoxicated and leaving her threatening messages. Disturbing party is at his residence in Bear Valley. Reporting party requesting contact. Disposition: Situation resolved.
4:47 p.m. Animal call. Occurred at Pelliser/Banducci Roads. Brown/white horse loose in the road. Disposition: Turn over to.
5:46 p.m. Cruelty to animals. Occurred on San Juan Drive. Male subject at that address has been whipping a horse for 30 minutes. Reporting party's daughter is in the area. Disposition: No further action required.
8:41 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Columbia Way. Barking dog. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Sept. 1, 2014
12:30 a.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Water Canyon Campground, Campground Drive, a group. Disposition: Checks ok.
9:47 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred at Cub Lake on Bear Valley Road. Dog is locked in the dog park with no water or food. Disposition: No further action required.
6:13 p.m. Subpoena service attempt. Occurred on South Lower Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:47 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Gate, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Report taken.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 29 and the morning of Sept. 2, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 90 calls for service, including: Out for investigation on Little Court; out for investigation on Santa Barbara Drive; 9-1-1 call on Dove Tail Court; missing person on Basil Drive; supplimental information on Cross Way; missing juvenile on Oakwood Street; keep the peace on Pat Court; see the man on Clover Springs Road; animal control incident on Tehachapi Boulevard; missing juvenile on Highline Road; out for investigation on Banducci Road; burglary alarm on Valley Boulevard; prowler on Adalante Court; physical peace disturbance on South Street; missing juvenile on Umtali Road; suspicious person on Westwod Boulevard; stakeout on Westwood Boulevard; keep the peace on Piedra Drive; burglary alarm on Paradise Valley Road; spousal battery investiugation on Campo Court; attempt to contact on Highline Road; malicious mischief on Highline Road; assist other department on Tehachapi Willow Springs Road; out for investigation on Valley Boulevard; patrol check on Highline Road; brandishing a weapon on Golden Hills Boulevard; patrol check at Monolith; 9-1-1 call on Chaparal Street; music disturbance on Madre Street; loud music on Arosa Road; burglary alarm on Piedra Drive; verbal disturbance on Golden Hills Boulevard; patrol check on Westwood Boulevard; burglary alarm on Piedra Drive; peace disturbance investigation on Loop Street; supplimental information on Old Town Road; out for investigation on Golden Hills Boulevard; information call on Tehachapi Boulevard; keep the peace on Campo Court; malicious mischief investigation on Jerry Drive; public intoxication on Valley Boulevard; dead body on Sweet Water Road; 9-1-1 call on Hart Oaks Drive; animal control incident on Banducci Road; information call on Banducci Road; patrol check on Banducci Road; trespassing on Valley Boulevard; 9-1-1 call at unknown location; out for investigation on Neely Avenue; information call at Monolith; assist other department on Brook Drive; assist other department on Woodford Tehachapi Road; see the woman on Mission Street; 9-1-1 call at Highline Road; patrol check on Banducci Road; out for investigation on Valley Boulevard; burglary alarm on Piedra Street; prowler on Meadows Road; loud music on Santa Barbara Drive; information call on Meadows Road; assist other department on Cherry Lane; subject down on Highway 58 West; burglary alarm on South Street; out for investigation on Gold Street; burglary investigation on Transvaal Road; animal control incident on Cherry Lane; out for investigation on Golden Hills Boulevard; out for investigation on Pretoria Road; burglary alarm on Arosa Road; theft investigation on Campo Court; 9-1-1 call on Highway 58 West; spousal abuse on Quail Canyon Road; disabled vehicle on Dennison Road; subject stop on Santa Barbara Drive; battery on Santa Barbara Drive; out for investigation on Gold Street; peace disturbance on Golden Hills Boulevard; burglary alarm on South Street; keep the peace on Mesa Drive; information call on Appaloosa Court; trespassing on Country Canyon Road; see the woman on Santa Barbara Drive; suspicious person on Santa Maria Drive; and narcotic call on Rod Court.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 90. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the morning.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Tehachapi High School Back to School Night is Thursday, Sept. 4 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., starting in the gymnasium. This will be a great opportunity to meet your students’ teachers. Sign up to be a member of the School Site Council by calling 822-2133 and leaving your name and phone number. Voting for School Site Council members will take place in the gym on Sept. 4th.
• The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) will meet Saturday, Sept. 6, at 10 a.m., at the Veteran's Hall. For more information, call Beth Jessen at 822-6682.
• The Catholic Daughters of St. Malachy Catholic Church will be hosting their annual September rummage sale on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 5 and 6, at St. Malachy’s Hall, located at 407 W. "E" St.
The doors will open on Friday at 8 a.m and close at 4 p.m. Saturday’s hours will be 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Items available will be clothes, furniture, household items, tools and miscellaneous articles.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Guild members will be selling some of their stash of fabric and quilting supplies during the meeting. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• Tehachapi Mountain Vineyard, located at 502 W. Pinon, will host the following activities this fall:
1) Beth Moore’s – Children of the Day: Tuesday evenings beginning Sept. 9 through Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m.; 2) Thirty Days to Understanding the Bible: Sundays beginning Sept. 21 through Oct. 26, at 9 a.m.; 3) Dave Ramsey’s – Financial Peace: Wednesday evenings beginning Sept. 24 through Nov. 19, at 6:30 p.m.; 4) High School Youth Groups: Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 11 a.m. Contact the TMV office at 822-9313 to register or for more information.
• American Association of University Women invites renewing and prospective members to attend a luncheon meeting on Saturday, Sept. 13, 11:30 a.m. at Woods Pavillion, located at 323 W. "F" St. Lunch will be catered by Mill Street Kitchen and the $15 fee includes drinks and dessert. Reservations must be made by Sept. 5 by calling Linda at 821-0621. Membership in AAUW is open to men and women with a two-year or higher college degree. Those without the degree may participate as a friend of AAUW.
• The Kern Chapter California Rare Fruit Growers will meet on Saturday, Sept 13, at 10 a.m., at the Bakersfield Racquet Club, located at 1660 Pine St. Guest speaker will be Dr. Joe Sabol, professor of agriculture at Cal Poly. The public is invited to attend the free meeting.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District's Ad Hoc committee will meet Thursday, Sept. 4, at 7 p.m., at the District Office, located at 490 W. "D" St.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St. Sept. 1 is Labor Day.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors will meet for a special budget meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
SPORTS THIS WEEK
Football – Varsity () / Freshmen () at Burroughs on . Jayvee () at Burroughs this .
Volleyball – Varsity () / Jayvee () / Frosh-Soph () at Liberty on .
Cross Country – Varsity () / Jayvee () / Frosh-Soph () at Wasco Invitational – Wasco HS this . Varsity / Jayvee / Frosh-Soph at Independence Invitational on .
Girls Tennis – Varsity () at Frontier this and at California Tennis Classic-Clovis on Friday-. Jayvee () vs. Frontier this .
Girls Golf – No events scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICE
No new obituaries.
The next News@Noon will be published on Sept. 3, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org