© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 20, 2014:
The latest news - Pam Pousson credits the Dye Natatorium -- Tehachapi's indoor swimming pool -- with helping her regain her health and lose nearly 150 pounds. So she was disappointed to hear recently that the Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District plans to...Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 19 and the morning of Aug. 20, Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 18 calls for service, including: a patrol check on South Street at Valley Oaks Charter School, a patrol check on Bear Valley Road at Cummings Valley Elementary, a patrol check on Park Road at Golden Hills Elementary, an out for investigation on Gold Street in Golden Hills, a supplemental report at Summit Industrial Park on Goodrick Drive, a check the welfare call on Stage Drive in Golden Hills, a burglary investigation on Sweet Water Road in Sand Canyon, a subject stop on Alps Drive/Zurich Drive in Alpine Forest, an out for investigation at Blue oaks Avenue in Golden Hills, a check the welfare call on Briarwood Street in Golden Hills, a spousal abuse investigation on Santa Barbara Drive in Golden Hills, a check the welfare call on Sand Canyon Road/Highway 58, an out for investigation on Tehachapi Boulevard/Sand Canyon Road, a patrol check on Quail Springs Road in Golden Hills and a peace disturbance on Sun Court in Golden Hills.
Today: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, Aug. 21, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St. Topic of the meeting will be sugar shockers.
For more information, call Eve at 822-3517.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Narcotics Anonymous will host a barbecue Saturday, Aug. 23, at 3:30 p.m. The event will then feature a guest speaker at 4 p.m. Hot dogs are free, bring drinks or chips or just yourself. The event will be held at Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. For information, call Marc at 750-1917.
• A group of Free and Accepted Masons will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road. Free Masons, Sojourners and anyone wishing to learn about the fraternity are invited to attend. Topic will be the rich history of Free Masonry in Tehachapi over the past 120 years. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
• Tehachapi Unified School District board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 26 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• Tehahcapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 at the Golden Hills CSD office, 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 21, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com