© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for May 15, 2014:
The latest news - Tehachapi Hospital announced its new telemedicine stroke treatment partnership with Dignity Health Memorial Hospital ... HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
May 14, 2014
12:40 a.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on East "E" Street. In progress, verbal, Reporting party available by phone only. Disposition: No further action required.
7:24 a.m. Welfare check request, occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Boulevard. A 3-year-old child was reported inside a vehicle with the windows rolled up. The vehicle was a Honda Civic parked in the auto section near a red truck. Disposition: Arrest made.
1:34 p.m. Health and Safety, officer initiated activity at South Dennison Road. Report of under the influence of a controlled substance. Disposition: Report taken.
1:37 p.m. Missing person, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
2:49 p.m. Assault with a deadly weapon, occurred at South Curry Street and West Valley Boulevard. Young man shooting some type of gun at students walking by. Disposition: Arrest made. Weapon was an air soft gun.
3:47 p.m. Burglary report, occurred on Michael Avenue. Someone has broken into reporting party's locked vehicle and stole merchandise. Disposition: Information only, no report desired.
5:23 p.m. Hit and run, property damage, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" St. Reporting party stating female driver damaged her car door while vehicles were parked. Reporting party to recontact when she gets to Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Information only.
6:40 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disturbing the peace at a business involving four in the front of the business in the parking lot. No weapons seen. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:26 p.m. Petty theft report, occurred on Meadowbrook Court. Reporting party states the tags were stolen off her rear license plate. Disposition: Report taken.
8:45 p.m. Keep the peace, occurred on McCarthy Drive, subject requested keep the peace at this location was referred to Kern County Sheriff's Office. Disposition: Turn over to KCSO.
9:40 p.m. Vandalism report, occurred on Kelton Street. Reporting party states that some of her son's property was damaged by other juveniles. Disposition: Report taken.
10:10 p.m. Defrauding an innkeeper, occurred at Denny's on Magellan Drive. Party of three walked out, two without paying. Occurred at approximately 5 p.m. Disposition: Report taken.
Bear Valley Police Department:
May 14, 2014
12:40 p.m. Unauthorized use of information, occurred on Bear Valley Road. Credit card worth $600. Disposition: Report taken.
3:36 p.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at Cumberland Road and San Juan Drive. Disposition: Arrest made.
6:00 p.m. Lost property, occurred on Bowen Court. Reporting party states her husband lost a hearing aid near the walking trail by the model airfield around 6 p.m. on May 12 . Item is tan with clear tubing item. Disposition: Information only.
10:20 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred at San Juan Drive and Martingale Way. Heard only, several males in the area of San Juan Drive, just east of Martingale Way, yelling back and forth at each other. They don't sound to be fighting but it is disturbing the reporting party. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between Wednesday, May 14 and the morning of Thursday, May 15, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 23 calls, including two burglary investigations, one case of malicious mischief, a vicious dog call, one case of disturbing the peace, and one call to keep the peace.
Stallion Springs: Nothing to report.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 86. East wind around 5 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 58. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 83. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Friday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• The Inaugural Healing Horses & Armed Forces will celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday, May 17, from at 3 to 6 p.m., at the Souza Family Vineyard, located at 26877 Cummings Valley Road in Tehachapi.
• The Friends of the Tehachapi Library will host a big book sale event on Friday, May 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Heritage League is sponsoring "Kids Day at the Museum" at the Tehachapi Museum in conjunction with National Museum Day on May 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The eight annual Combat Hapkido self-defense seminar for men, women and teens ages 13 and up will be held Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Tehachapi Martial Arts Center, located at 20418 Brian Way, Suite 6.
• The Tehachapi Martial Arts Center will host the Defense Against a Bully class Friday, May 16, from 5 to 6 p.m.
• The Arts, Science & Technology Education Corporation of Tehachapi (AST) is sponsoring the 2014 Tehachapi Intermediate Space Challenge for Tehachapi 4th and 5th graders at the Tehachapi Municipal Airport on May 21, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District will present the Tehachapi Memorial Day Ceremony and Parade on May 26, at 10:15 a.m. The line up begins at 9 a.m. at Kmart and the parade finishes at Philip Marx Park, Mojave and "D" Street.
• The Catholic Daughters will be holding their Spring Rummage sale on Friday, May 30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday, May 31, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in McMullan Hall at St. Malachy Catholic Church, located at 407 W. "E" St.
• Golden Hills Community Services District will meet in closed session 5:30 p.m. and open session at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 15 at 21415 Reeves Street.
• Smart Growth-Tehachapi Valley will host a special water meeting, "Our Water Situation," Saturday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Moose Lodge, located at the corner "F" and Curry Streets.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity in CIF Division III playoffs at Hoover on Thursday, May 16. Game will start at 4 p.m.
Softball – Varsity in CIF Division III playoffs vs. Hanford on Friday, May 16. Game will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming – Varsity at CIF Division I Championships at Clovis North High School on Friday-Saturday, May 16-17.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published on May 16, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com