© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for June 12, 2014:
The latest news - The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District returned to the drawing board in its search for a permanent chief executive office following the resignation of its current interim chief. HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department: Information unavailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
June 11, 2014
7:10 a.m. Suspicious person. Occurred at Bear Valley Road/Cummings Valley Road. White male 20 years old. Subject is between the stop sign and the school next to road. Subject is on foot. Disposition: Turn over to.
9:35 a.m. Animal call. Occurred on Highway 58. Cellular 9-1-1 Call: Westbound on Highway 58, six sheep near the freeway. Transfer to CHP. Disposition: Turn over to CHP.
7:29 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Stirrup Way/Rebel Court. Reporting party advising loud music coming from the area of Stirrup Way near Rebel Court. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
8:07 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred on Bay Court. Reporting party stating male teen next door is using a pop gun to shoot squirrels. Reporting party requesting officer to make contact with her via phone. Disposition: Advised.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between June 11 and the morning of June 12, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 21 calls for service, including a 9-1-1 call on North Curry Street/West "J" Street, a fraud investigation on Mission Street, a theft investigation on Old Town Road at the sheriff's substation, a theft investigation on Old Town Road, a patrol check at Brite Lake, an ambulance request on Dove Tail Court, a 9-1-1 call on Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road, a health and safety call on Pretoria Road/McDonnel Way in Sand Canyon, and a burglary investigation on Strawflower Road.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 81. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 53. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 78. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 52. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• The Main Street Farmers Market is on June 12 and will run every Thursday until Aug. 14, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• The seventh annual Main Street Tehachapi Chili Cookoff will be held Downtown on Saturday, June 14, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call 822-6519.
* Mountain Bible Church will be having a patio/yard sale on Friday and Saturday, June 13 and 14, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days, 630 Maple St., on the corner of Maple Street and Mountain View.
• College Community Services — The Learning Center, located at 107 S. Mill St., Suite B, will be hosting a BBQ and potluck event Wednesday, June 25, from noon to 2 p.m. Hamburgers and hotlines will be provided. Bring a dish to share with approximately 10 people. RSVP at least two days in advance of the event by calling 822-4639.
• Train Faire/Fun Day at the Depot, Saturday, June 14, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• “110 in the Shade,” directed by Chris Morales, at BeeKay Theatre, Saturday, June 14, and Sunday, June 15, at 7:30 p.m. Seats $18: buy online at tctonstage.com.
• Kickin’ Cancer in the Butt Run at Meadowbrook Park, Saturday, June 14, registration begins at 6 a.m., with race to begin at 7 a.m.
• Father’s Day BBQ at Souza Family Vineyard, Saturday, June 14, 1 to 4 p.m., cost is $20, reservations are required.
• Bear Valley Community Services District will its regular board meeting at 6 p.m. on June 12 at the same location.
• Join the Tehachapi area Boy Scouts of America for a Flag Retirement Ceremony on Friday, June 13, at 5 p.m.
• Techachapi City Council meets Monday, June 16 at 6 p.m. at Claude L. Wells Education Center, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on June 13, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com