© 2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Nov. 15, 2013:
The latest news - The THS varsity volleyball team defeated Visalia-Mt. Whitney (25-8, 25-10, 25-10) in the division II quarterfinals last night. The Warriors will face off against Independence High School in the semi-finals on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Nov. 14, 2013:
7:50 a.m. Trespassing occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Blvd. A white male seen picking through the trash, wearing blue jacket and black jeans, was asked to leave due to company policy and was refusing. Subject was also in the men's restroom. Disposition: Advised.
1:35 p.m. Threats of death or bodily injury occurred on East Tehachapi Blvd. Female came to the property and threatened reporting person, currently across the street. Disposition: Arrest Made.
9:14 p.m. Suspicious circumtances occurred on East "H" Street. White female with red brown hair came through the back yard and knocked on the back door. Subject had been hanging out in the area. Reporting person believed she may have been staying in the back shed unauthorized. Disposition: Gone On Arrival.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation:
Between Nov. 14 and the morning of Nov. 15, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 12 incidents, including a spousal abuse investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
This afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 49 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Saturday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
The forecast for the weekend predicts sunny and clear skies, though breezy winds will continue through the day on Saturday. Temperatures will peak around 50, and lows will dip to around 30.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
* The next Tehachapi City Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 18, 6 p.m., at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Stallion Springs Community Service District Board of Directors is scheduled to meet Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m., at 27800 Stallion Springs Dr.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 5:30 p.m. and will be held at 490 W. "D" St.
• On Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 6 p.m., the Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors will meet at the Golden Hills Community Services District building, 21415 Reeves St.
• The Tehachapi Cummings County Water District will meet at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 22901 Banducci Road.
• The next meeting of the Golden Hills Community Services District board is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 21, at 6:30 p.m., at 21415 Reeves St.MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Football — Varsity in CIF Division II Playoffs (First Round) this Friday at home against North. Game will start at 7 p.m.LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com