© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 28, 2014:
The latest news - Some seats will be an easy victory on Nov. 4 as some candidates in the local races -- and in some cases entire districts -- remain unchalleneged and will not appear on the ballot... Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Data unavailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 27 and the morning of Aug 28, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 15 calls for service, including: a suspicious circumstance on Manzanita Lane/South Curry Street, a theft investigation on Snowshoe Lane, a patrol check at Cummings Valley Elementary in Bear Valley, a patrol check on Santa Barbara Drive in GOlden Hills, an unknown situation on Madre Street in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Quail Springs Road/Scout Point Court in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Santa Barbara Drive, an out for investigation on El Porto Court in Golden Hills, a health and safety check on Blackburn Canyon Road/Blackpine Lane, a 9-1-1 call in Golden Hills, and a patrol check on South Street.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 59. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 88. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• Tehachapi High School Back to School Night is Thursday, Sept. 4 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., starting in the gymnasium. This will be a great opportunity to meet your students’ teachers. Sign up to be a member of the School Site Council by calling 822-2133 and leaving your name and phone number. Voting for School Site Council members will take place in the gym on Sept. 4th.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• Bear Valley Community Services District board of directors will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 28 at the district office, 28999 South Lower Valley Road.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St. Sept. 1 is Labor Day.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors will meet for a special budget meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICE
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 29, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org