© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for June 25, 2014:
The latest news -
After seven years, the torch passed from one chief to the next when the Tehachapi City Council named its new chief of police. Kent Kroeger, a lieutenant with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office, was tapped to Tehachapi's new top cop at the....HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
12:27 a.m. Suspicious person, occurred on North Mill Street. Cellular 9-1-1 Call: On foot going to different doors of apartments, walking towards front of complex. Disposition: Checks OK.
2:20 a.m. Peace disturbance music, occurred on Linden Court. Loud music, party. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
4:27 a.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred on Elm Street. Black mini van, in driveway, with all doors open. Disposition: Information only.
10:12 a.m. Extra patrol, occurred on West "E" Street. Disposition: Checks OK.
10:22 a.m. Stolen vehicle report, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Counter report of motorcycle and tools that were stolen from the airport. Disposition: Report taken.
12:02 p.m. Welfare check request, officer initiated activity at Maple Street. Disposition: No further action required.
1:37 p.m. Auto accident, no injuries/property, occurred at W D St/S Curry St.
Vehicles are not blocking traffic. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
3:08 p.m. Suspicious activity, officer initiated activity at Tucker Road. Advised of suspicious activity in the area. Disposition: Checks OK.
3:41 Reckless driving, occurred at South Davis Street/East "E" Street. Occurred approximately five minutes ago, yellow sports car driving fast in the neighborhood, occurs daily at various times. Disposition: Unable to locate.
4:22 p.m. Suspicious person, occurred at Central Park on East "D" Street. Near restrooms, reporting party works for the parks district and is wanting extra patrol for a large group near the restroom area. Disposition: Advised.
4:45 p.m. Threats death/bodily injury, officer initiated activity at East "E" Street. Advised by phone. Disposition: Unfounded.
10:25 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on West "D" Street. Male versus female, no weapons, verbal only at this time. Disposition: Assisted.
11:21 p.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Oakwood Street. Howling dog, appears to be in distress and has been on going for the past two hours. Disposition: Advised.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
9:34 a.m. Animal call, occurred on Highway 202. Dead animal on side of roadway. Bear Valley transferred caller to CHP. Disposition: Turn over to CHP.
11:10 a.m. Any civil problem, occurred on Sunland Way. Roommate is refusing to leave reporting party's residence. Roommate has not paid rent and reporting party stated there is no rental agreement on file. Disposition: Civil problem.
1:26 p.m. Traffic hazard, occurred at Cumberland Court/Bear Valley Road. Debris, trash lid in the roadway after the top of the hill on Cumberland. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Kern County Sheriff's Department: Between June 24 and the morning of June 25, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 20 calls for service, including a patrol check on Bear Valley Road at Cummings Valley Elementary School, a public intoxication call on Westwood Blvd at Meadowbrook Park, a peace disturbance investigation on Brook Drive in Golden Hills, a keep the peace on Santa Barbara Drive in Golden Hills, a suspicious individual on Carriage Drive in Golden Hills, a shots heard on Park Road/Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a verbal peace disturbance on Madre Street in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Park Road at Golden Hills Elementary and a patrol check on Reeves Street at the Golden Hills Community Services District.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 82. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 56. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
• VBSkid.org, where Jesus is always online is the theme of this year’s Vacation Bible School program at Good Shepherd Lutheran. The McAvoy family from Arizona will lead VBS with their high energy fun. VBS will run June 23 through 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m., for ages kindergarten through 6th grade. Good Shepherd is located at 329 S. Mill St. For preregistration and more information contact Melissa Zehr at 823-1358.
• The Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present Bear Valley’s own Dan Bronson in a lecture entitled "Chasing the Rainbow." This lecture will take place on Saturday, June 28, from 4 to 5:30 p.m., at the Equestrian Center in Bear Valley. Refreshments will be served, but reservations are required. Call Jeanette at 972-2344 or Nilly at 821-1587 for reservations and gate passes by June 18.
• College Community Services — The Learning Center, located at 107 S. Mill St., Suite B, will be hosting a BBQ and potluck event Wednesday, June 25, from noon to 2 p.m. Hamburgers and hotlines will be provided. Bring a dish to share with approximately 10 people. RSVP at least two days in advance of the event by calling 822-4639.
• Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District's board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 25 at the Golden Hills Community Service District 21415 Reeves St.
• Bear Valley Community Services District's board of directors meets at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 26 at 6 p.m. at 28999 South Lower Valley Road. The board will also meet for a special strategic planning session on Friday, June 27 at 9 a.m. at the same location.
• Tehachapi Police Department's grand opening of its new station begins at 11 a.m. on June 27 with a ribbon cutting, followed by an open house and tour from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. A second-chance tour is available on June 28 from 9 a.m. to noon.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on June 26, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org