©2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 21, 2013:
The latest news - There will be a pre-proposal meeting to explain the process of the Golden Hills Solid Waste Collection Request for Proposal at 2 p.m. today at the Golden Hills CSD building, 21415 Reeves St. The public is welcome to attend the meeting, which is mandatory for all potential bidders.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activity without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 20, 2013
10:33 a.m. Vandalism report occurred at U-Stuff It Storage. Appears someone may have attempted to break into a storage unit. Damage only. Unfounded.
2:46 p.m. Grand theft report occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Reporting party's speakers were taken from the City Slickers parking lot, on 08/17/13. Report taken.
3:48 p.m. Burglary; inhabited occurred at the Village Apartments on North Mill Street. In progress, Is trying to break into a coin wash machine with a drill in the laundry room. Kyle Brock Roberts, 23, of Tehachapi was arrested for burglary and possession of burglary tools. It appears that Roberts was on probation from a prior burglary conviction at the time of his arrest.
4:54 p.m. Battery occurred on South Davis Street. Yelling heard. Advised.
7:43 p.m. Found property occurred at Alder Avenue and Malona Court. Found suitcase with knife, 460 tools, female's belongings and court paperwork in the field. Report taken.
8:48 p.m. Found property occurred on East “E” Street. Found bike on the side walk. Black male was seen riding it and then dumped it and ran away. Possible stolen bike. Report taken.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Aug. 20, 2013
8:50 a.m. Animal call occurred on Pheasant Court. Four loose horses with their eyes covered. Situation resolved.
11:41 a.m. Theft of mail occurred on Tiara Court. Someone has stolen a parcel from her mailbox. Information only.
1:54 p.m. Found property occurred at Highway Motors. Found wallet with credit cards.
8:09 p.m. Animal call occurred om El Camino Drive. Two black cows running loose across the street. No further action required.
8:53 p.m. Peace disturbance verbal occurred on Cumberland. Between reporting party and his mother in a verbal, became rude and uncooperative with dispatch.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
The National Weather Service in Hanford provides the following forecast for the Tehachapi area:
This afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 91. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 88. Light northwest wind becoming west northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 60. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
Also check out our July-August edition of Senior Scene, a publication for seniors and their families. HERE
• Directors from the Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District will met at 4 p.m. today at the disrtrict headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors will meet today in the Golden Hills Community Services District building, 21415 Reeves St.. Closed session begins at 6 p.m. and the open session is at 6:30 p.m.
• There will be a pre-proposal meeting to explain the process of the Golden Hills Solid Waste Collection Request for Proposal at 2 p.m. today at the Golden Hills CSD building, 21415 Reeves St. The public is welcome to attend the meeting, which is mandatory for all potential bidders.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
• Football – Varsity/Jayvee/Frosh at South-Bakersfield (Scrimmage) on Friday, Aug. 23. Jayvee/Frosh at 5 p.m. and Varsity at 7 p.m.
• Volleyball — Varsity/Jayvee/Frosh at Mira Monte (Scrimmage) today and vs. BCHS at home on Thursday, Aug. 22. First matches start at 4 p.m.
• Girls Tennis — Varsity (away) and Jayvee (home) on Thursday, Aug. 22 vs. Taft. Matches start at 4 p.m.
• Cross Country — Varsity/Jayvee at home/Brite Lake for the “Beat the Heat” meet today. First race starts at 3:30 p.m.
• Girls Golf — Varsity at home/Horse Thief Country Club – Stallion Springs for the Tehachapi Invitational on Thursday, Aug 22. Tee off is at 11 a.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES & DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Thursday, Aug. 22.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com