©2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 27, 2013:
The latest news - Yesterday's Flash Flood Watch has been extended until 9 this evening for the mountain areas of Kern County. The National Weather Service is urging people to to watch for flash flood conditions as slow moving storms coming from the southeast have the potentional to produce heavy rainfall. See the NWS advisory HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activity without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 26, 2013
7:31 a.m. Traffic control needed at Tompkins Elementary. Disposition: Checks OK.
10:23 a.m. Man down. Officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard/Mountain View Avenue. Subject complaining of injury to ankle - possibly from falling off bike. Disposition: Assisted.
11:14 a.m. Assist other agencies Tehachapi Unified School District, South Robinson Street. Disposition: Assisted.
11:31 a.m. Man down on West "F" Street. Male subject laying on sidewalk in front of Woods Funeral Home, two other males looking him. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
2:40 p.m. 911 call on Tucker Road. Disposition: Arrest Made.
2:44 p.m. Defrauding an innkeeper on Magellan Drive. Disposition: Report taken.
4:56 p.m. Hit and run, property damage occurred at Highline Road and South Curry Street. Subject hit stop sign and left the scene. Disposition: Report taken.
6:31 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc., occurred at West Park on West "D" Street. Chihuahua mix puppy with a green harness barking and growling at children and running loose. Disposition: Checks OK.
10:12 p.m. Music disturbing the peace occurred on West "H" Street. Loud music coming from the alley. Disposition: Situation resolved.
10:50 p.m. Verbal peace disturbance occurred at East "F" Street and South Davis Street. verbal disturbance in the street between two to three subjects, someone yelling about a broken finger. Disposition: Arrest made.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Aug. 27, 2013
8:12 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite ect. Barking dog on Lakeview Drive. Disposition: Warning
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
The National Weather Service in Hanford provides the following forecast for the Tehachapi area:
This afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening.
Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
Wednesday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
Also check out our July-August edition of Senior Scene, a publication for seniors and their families. HERE
• Because of Labor Day, the City Council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 3 instead of Monday. The meeting will be in the Beekay Theatre, 110 S. Green St., at 6 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District Board of Trustees will meet at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 27 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 305 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
• Football – Varsity/Jayvee vs. Exeter at home on Friday, Aug. 30. Frosh at Centennial-Bakersfield on Thursday, Aug. 29. Jayvee/Frosh at 5 p.m. and Varsity at 7:30 p.m.
• Volleyball – Varsity at Clovis Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Aug. 29-30. Game opponents and times TBD. Jayvee/Frosh vs. Frontier at home on Thursday, Aug. 29. Jayvee at 5 p.m. and Frosh at 3:30 p.m.
• Girls Tennis – Varsity (away) and Jayvee (home) on Tuesday, Aug. 27 vs. Liberty. Matches start at 4 p.m.
• Cross Country – Varsity/Jayvee vs. West at home (Brite Lake) on Thursday, Aug. 29. First race starts at 3:30 p.m.
• Girls Golf – Varsity at home/Horse Thief Country Club – Stallion Springs for SEYL Mini on Thursday, Aug 29. Tee off is at 12 p.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES & DEATH NOTICES
None since Monday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Tuesday, Aug. 28.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org