© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Feb. 27, 2014:
The latest news - Early showing of 'Survivor' in Tehachapi featured comments from cast member and local resident Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Feb. 26, 2014
10:33 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred at West "E" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
10:36 p.m. Bar check. Officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Feb. 26, 2014
5:38 a.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Bailey Road and Cummings Valley Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
5:55 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Bear Valley Road. Barking dog. Disposition: Quiet on Departure.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Feb. 26 and the morning of Feb. 27, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 15 incidents, including trespassing at Water Canyon Road and Highline Road.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 51 by 5pm. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
Tonight: A 50 percent chance of showers after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 43. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 51. Windy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday Night: Showers. Low around 40. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• James Lee Stanley & John Batdorf: "All Wood and Stones," songs of Rolling Stones, unplugged, presented by Fiddlers Crossing, at Beekay Theatre, Saturday, March 1 at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• Bear Valley Springs CSD is hosting its next board meeting on Thursday, Feb. 27, 6 p.m. at the district's headquarters on 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Boys Basketball – Varsity (7 p.m.) vs. the winner of No. 3 Independence and No. 14 South in CIF Central Section Division III playoff quarterfinals this Thursday, Feb. 27. Winner of that game will play in the playoff semifinals next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Girls Basketball – Varsity will play No. 5 Shafter in the playoff quarterfinals this Friday, Feb. 28 at home at 6 p.m. Winner of the quarterfinal match-up will play in the playoff semifinals next Wednesday, Mar. 5.
Wrestling – CIF Grand Masters Championships (9 a.m.) at Madera South this Saturday, Mar. 1.
Baseball – Varsity at North-Terrio Spring Classic vs. Ridgeview (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, Feb. 26. Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3: 15 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Softball – Varsity at North Leadoff Classic vs. Foothill (3:30 p.m.) this Wednesday, Feb. 26 and vs. Taft (3:30 p.m.) this Thursday, Feb. 27. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Burroughs-Ridgecrest at home (3:30 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Silver Creek Pool vs. Ridgeview (3:30 p.m.) on Friday, Feb. 28.
Track and Field – Varsity at East Bakersfield Relays on Saturday, Mar. 1.
Tennis – Jayvee at Gryphon-Frontier Cup at Frontier this Friday-Saturday, Feb. 28 – Mar. 1.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, Feb. 28.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com