© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 4, 2014:
The latest news - The Tehachapi High School competition cheer squad was honored by City Council at last night's meeting. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 3, 2013
10:36 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred at Indian Creek Villas on Tucker Road. Reporting person's guitar was stolen from vehicle this morning, cost approximately $1000.00. Disposition: Report taken.
12:34 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred at Four Seasons Mini Mart on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made.
2:08 p.m. See the man. Occurred at Tehachapi Liquor on Tucker Road. Re: phone scam. Disposition: Information only.
3:30 p.m. Auto accident - no injuries/property. Occurred at Dollar General Store #14138 on Tucker Road. In front of location. Disposition: Report taken.
3:32 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Spruce Street. Disposition: Report taken.
4:07 p.m. Auto accident - no injuries/property. Occurred at Red Apple Avenue and Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:09 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Meadowbrook Court. 2004 Silver Toyota Corolla keyed. Disposition: Report taken.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 3, 2014
9:15 a.m. Auto accident — no injuries/property. Occurred at Cummings Valley Elementary on Bear Valley Road. Fender bender, CHP notified en route. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
3:40 p.m. Property damage. Occurred on Cumberland Road. Fire hydrant hit past occurred, possible hit & run. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:04 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Timberline Way. Barking dog. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 3 and the morning of March 4, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 18 incidents, including a burglary investigation on Valley Boulevard, a burglary investigation in Golden Hills, and a malicious mischief investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: A 20 percent chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• 4th Annual Stallion Springs "Chilly Dip" at the Stallion Springs Community Services District outdoor swimming pool on Friday, March 7 at 11:30 a.m. The CSD is located at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi Sympthony Orchestra is performing Sunday, March 9, at 4 p.m. at the Country Oaks Baptist Church.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission next's meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 10, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee Double-Header at Taft (3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.) next Monday, March 10.
Softball – Varsity at Bakersfield Tourney (4 p.m.) this Thursday-Saturday, March 6-8. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Lancaster (3:15 p.m.) at home next Monday, Mar. 10.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Bakersfield College vs. Independence (4 p.m.) on Friday, March 7. Varsity/Jayvee at Garces (12 p.m. on Saturday, March 8.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest Invitational (3 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6.
Tennis – Varsity vs. Bakersfield at home and Jayvee at Bakersfield (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6. Varsity at Clovis Classic Tournament – Division 7 on Friday-Saturday, March 7-8. Friday – vs. Delano (10 a.m.), vs. Fowler (11:30 a.m.) and vs. Immanuel (4 p.m.) at Fowler HS. Saturday matches TBD based on Friday’s results.
Golf – No events scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since yesterday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Wednesday, March 5.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org