© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 5, 2014:
The latest news - Tehachapi Police are asking for the public's help identifying a man who allegedly passed a counterfeit $100 bill at Get Dressed Boutique yesterday afternoon. Read more HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:Tehachapi couple wins trip to NBA All-Star Weekend
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 4, 2013
9:58 a.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on West "I" Street. Cellular E911 Call: Reporting person called the PD last night because his roommate assaulted him. Reporting person left for the evening and has returned to find his bedroom window and gate damaged. Disposition: Report taken.
1:23 p.m. Drunk in public. Occurred at College Community Services on East "F" Street. Male behind College Community Services, sitting in plaza area crying. Disposition: Arrest made.
1:37 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred at Tehachapi Museum on South Green Street. There is a hole in the front window, unknown if it was caused by a bullet or rock. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:40 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Elm Street. Vandalism to two of his vehicles-damaged by a razor blade. Disposition: Information only.
4:22 p.m. Defrauding an innkeeper. Occurred on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Male Customer passed fake $100 to store owner yesterday. Video available. Disposition: Report taken.
5:03 p.m. Animal call. Occurred at Tehachapi Cemetery on Burnett Road. Four five or cows at the cemetery. Disposition: Advised.
5:47 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on Carolyn Lane. Disposition: Advised.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 3, 2014
4:46 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on Village Lane. Loud noise heard at the condo attached to hers. Possibly vacant- unknown if it's someone breaking in or a pipe bursting. Disposition: Checks Ok.
9:22 a.m. See the man. Occurred at Bear Valley Country Store on Bear Valley Road. Someone left an inappropriate sign in front of the market. Disposition: Report taken.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 4 and the morning of March 5, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 22 incidents, including an assault with a deadly weapon in Golden Hills and a grand theft auto investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. North wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• 4th Annual Stallion Springs "Chilly Dip" at the Stallion Springs Community Services District outdoor swimming pool on Friday, March 7 at 11:30 a.m. The CSD is located at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi Sympthony Orchestra is performing Sunday, March 9, at 4 p.m. at the Country Oaks Baptist Church.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission next's meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 10, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee Double-Header at Taft (3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.) next Monday, March 10.
Softball – Varsity at Bakersfield Tourney (4 p.m.) this Thursday-Saturday, March 6-8. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Lancaster (3:15 p.m.) at home next Monday, Mar. 10.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Bakersfield College vs. Independence (4 p.m.) on Friday, March 7. Varsity/Jayvee at Garces (12 p.m. on Saturday, March 8.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest Invitational (3 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6.
Tennis – Varsity vs. Bakersfield at home and Jayvee at Bakersfield (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6. Varsity at Clovis Classic Tournament – Division 7 on Friday-Saturday, March 7-8. Friday – vs. Delano (10 a.m.), vs. Fowler (11:30 a.m.) and vs. Immanuel (4 p.m.) at Fowler HS. Saturday matches TBD based on Friday’s results.
Golf – No events scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since Monday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Thursday, March 6.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org