© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 6, 2014:
The latest news - The National Weather Service in Hanford issued a Wind Advisory for the Kern County Mountains to be in effect on Thursday, March 6 at 3 p.m. until 4 a.m. on Friday, March 7. For more information, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 5, 2014
8:20 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred at Amber Oak Storage on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:40 a.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Dollar General Store on Tucker Road. Two male subjects are in physical fight parking lot. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:14 p.m. Peace disturbance music. Occurred on Pine Court. Music blasting from a parked vehicle. Disposition: Warning (Cite/Verbal).
7:32 p.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Mulberry Villa Apartments on West "E" Street. Disposition: Advised.
10:52 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at East "F" Street and Snyder Avenue. Disposition: Arrest made.
March 6, 2014
4:16 a.m. Stolen vehicle recovery. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Information Only.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 5, 2014
10:14 a.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Bear Valley Road and Sutter Court. Disposition: Arrest made.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 5 and the morning of March 6, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 29 incidents, including a disturbing the peace and burglary investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: A 40 percent chance of showers after 10am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 60. Windy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Windy, with a west wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 58. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• 4th Annual Stallion Springs "Chilly Dip" at the Stallion Springs Community Services District outdoor swimming pool on Saturday, March 8 at 11:30 a.m. The CSD is located at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi Sympthony Orchestra is performing Sunday, March 9, at 4 p.m. at the Country Oaks Baptist Church.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission next's meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 10, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is slated for Tuesday, March 11, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee Double-Header at Taft (3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.) next Monday, March 10.
Softball – Varsity at Bakersfield Tourney (4 p.m.) this Thursday-Saturday, March 6-8. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Lancaster (3:15 p.m.) at home next Monday, Mar. 10.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Bakersfield College vs. Independence (4 p.m.) on Friday, March 7. Varsity/Jayvee at Garces (12 p.m. on Saturday, March 8.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest Invitational (3 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6.
Tennis – Varsity vs. Bakersfield at home and Jayvee at Bakersfield (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6. Varsity at Clovis Classic Tournament – Division 7 on Friday-Saturday, March 7-8. Friday – vs. Delano (10 a.m.), vs. Fowler (11:30 a.m.) and vs. Immanuel (4 p.m.) at Fowler HS. Saturday matches TBD based on Friday’s results.
Golf – No events scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, March 7.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com