© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 7, 2014:
The latest news - The Stallion Springs CSD is hosting its 4th Annual "Chilly Dip" Saturday, March 8, at 11:30 a.m. The event will take place at the Stallion Springs CSD outdoor pool. If you haven't registered, you can do so at 10:45 a.m. the morning of the event. For more information, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 6, 2014
1:12 a.m. Found property. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
7:29 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred on Cherry Lane. Someone is shooting arrows across the lot into dooframe. Disposition: Report taken.
10:01 a.m. Auto accident - no injuries/property. Occurred on West "E" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
10:33 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred on Bailey Court. Cut the fence and attempted to steal a vehicle. Other vehicless in the yard were ransacked. Disposition: Report taken.
10:59 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal info. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
4:30 p.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on East "F" Street. Reporting person requesting to make a report for a stolen bike. Disposition: Report taken.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 6, 2014
9:27 a.m. Keep the peace. Occurred on Linden Court. Disposition: Report taken.
5:50 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Road and Bailey Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
6:51 p.m. Theft of mail. Occurred on Skyline Drive. Mailed tampered with, items were not taken. Disposition: Report taken.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 6 and the morning of March 7, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 17 incidents, including a burglary investigation at the Tire Store on Santa Barbara Drive in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming north.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 64. East wind 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• 4th Annual Stallion Springs "Chilly Dip" at the Stallion Springs Community Services District outdoor swimming pool on Saturday, March 8 at 11:30 a.m. The CSD is located at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi Sympthony Orchestra is performing Sunday, March 9, at 4 p.m. at the Country Oaks Baptist Church.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission next's meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 10, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is slated for Tuesday, March 11, at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee Double-Header at Taft (3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.) next Monday, March 10.
Softball – Varsity at Bakersfield Tourney (4 p.m.) this Thursday-Saturday, March 6-8. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Lancaster (3:15 p.m.) at home next Monday, Mar. 10.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Bakersfield College vs. Independence (4 p.m.) on Friday, March 7. Varsity/Jayvee at Garces (12 p.m. on Saturday, March 8.
Tennis – Varsity vs. Bakersfield at home and Jayvee at Bakersfield (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, March 6. Varsity at Clovis Classic Tournament – Division 7 on Friday-Saturday, March 7-8. Friday – vs. Delano (10 a.m.), vs. Fowler (11:30 a.m.) and vs. Immanuel (4 p.m.) at Fowler HS. Saturday matches TBD based on Friday’s results.
Golf – No events scheduled this week.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, March 10.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com