© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 27, 2014:
The latest news - Some seats will be an easy victory on Nov. 4 as some candidates in the local races -- and in some cases entire districts -- remain unchalleneged and will not appear on the ballot... Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 26, 2014
1:19 a.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Highway 202/Cummings Valley Road. Possible agriculture crates spilled in the roadway. Disposition: Checks ok.
5:28 a.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Bear Valley Road/Cummings Valley Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
5:42 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Sandpiper Court. Continuous barking dog problem, reporting party believes the owner leaves early at approximately 5 a.m. and lets his dogs out and they start barking. Disposition: Advised.
9:15 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred on Cumberland Road. Back door has been kicked in. Disposition: Report taken.
9:45 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Marina Court. Residential hold up alarm-key pad. Disposition: False alarm.
10:27 a.m. Wild pig. Occurred on Sheeptrail Court. Wild pigs destroyed reporting party's back yard. Disposition: Turn over to.
11:08 a.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Bear Valley Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:10 a.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Bear Valley Police Department. Citation sign off. Disposition: Information only.
1:50 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred on Bear Valley Road. Box in the middle dray, 100 feet from the gate, toward the school. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:17 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at South Lower Valley Road/Sunland Way. Two juveniles are sitting in the roadway. A 9-year-old white male and a 13-year-old female, blond hair, both unknown clothing description. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between the Aug. 26 and the morning of Aug. 27, Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 22 calls for service, including: a 9-1-1 call on Highline Road/Sioux Street; verbal disturbance on Mc Carthy Drive; found property on Blue Oaks Avenue; information call on Old Town Road/Mariposa Road; burglary alarm on South Street; keep the peace on Mc Carthy Drive; supplimental information on Pauley Court; suspicious person on Del Rio Way; suspicious circumstances on Brentwood Drive; information call on Old Town Road; out for investigation on Old Town Road; assist other departments on Tucker and Highway 58; narcotic call on Crest Drive; suspicious person on Old Town Road; burglary investigation on Cross Way; out for investigation on Loop Street, Golden Hills Boulevard and Shady Court; supplicious circumstances investigation on Cross Way; out for investigation on Cross Way; burglary alarms on Highway 202 and Golden Hills Boulevard.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 59. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 88. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• A group of Free and Accepted Masons will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road. Free Masons, Sojourners and anyone wishing to learn about the fraternity are invited to attend. Topic will be the rich history of Free Masonry in Tehachapi over the past 120 years. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• Tehahcapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 at the Golden Hills CSD office, 21415 Reeves St.
• Bear Valley Community Services District board of directors will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 28 at the district office, 28999 South Lower Valley Road.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St. Sept. 1 is Labor Day.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors will meet for a special budget meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICE
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 28, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com