© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for June 18, 2014:
The latest news - Former Tehachapi resident Debra Williams, a communications and management professional who served as director of communications for The Pennsylvania State University's first billion-dollar fundraising campaign, has been appointed vice president of...HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
June 17, 2014
12:17 a.m. Pedestrian check, officer initiated activity at South Pauley Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
12:10 p.m. Vehicle blocking roadway, officer initiated activity at Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:20 p.m. Assist other agencies, officer initiated activity at Indian Creek Villas, Tucker Road. Assist Child Protective Services. Disposition: Assisted.
3:05 p.m. Out of control juvenile, occurred on East "H" Street. Out of control juvenile. Reporting party's 14-year-old son is breaking items in house. Not under influence and no weapons. Disposition: No further action required.
5:28 p.m. Assault, occurred at West Park on West "D" Street at the first baseball field. Disturbing party attempted to strike the victim with water bottles taken from her car. Disposition: Assisted.
5:45 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at West Park, West "D" Street. Disposition: Warrant arrest made.
6:37 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred at Railroad Park. Was seen at Four Seasons, Under the influence Asian male, white hoodie with stripes, sitting left to the water tower. Disposition: Checks OK.
10:42 p.m. Police 9-1-1, occurred on North Green Street. Reporting party believes someone jumped over fence. Male, wearing orange beanie and orange shirt. Disposition: Unable to locate.
11:34 p.m. Parked vehicle, officer initiated activity at Love's Truck Stop, East Tehachapi Blvd. Out with several semis for red curb violations. Disposition: Advised.
11:55 p.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at Pinon Street/Classico Drive. Disposition: Arrest made. Suspended license.
Bear Valley Police Department: Information unavailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Department: Between June 17 and the morning of June 18, the Kern County's Sheriff Office responded to 21 calls for service, including a 9-1-1 call on Bear Mountain Boulevard at the Bakersfield National Cemetery, cruelty to animals on Highway 202/Cummings Valley Road, an ambulance request on Golden Star Boulevard, a suspicious person on Madre Street, a patrol check on Copper Drive, a malicious mischief investigation on Brian Way at Aaron Mauldin's Jewelry and Loan, an off highway vehicle disturbance on Old Town Road, a patrol check on Tree Court, and a patrol check at Meadowbrook Park.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 78. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 55. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 85. West wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest in the morning.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 58. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• The National Association Of Active And Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) will meet on Saturday, June 21 at Kelseys restaurant, located at 110 W. Tehachapi Blvd., at 1 p.m. All federal employees, retirees and friends are invited to attend. Come early and have lunch with the group.
NARF meets the third Saturday of each month. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi chapter of Relay For Life will hold a Team Captain meeting Thursday, June 19, at 6 p.m., at Carden School, located at 20419 Brian Way. Teams are still being sought for participation in the event to be held July 12 and 13. For more information, call Lynda at 823-7525.
• The Farmers Market will be held Thursday, June 19, from 4 to 7 p.m., at the Railroad Park. Farmers and local growers will again be the focus, with additional vendors who sell handmade, local, and other related items. Food vendors will provide tasty treats and local musicians will provide the entertainment. For more information, call 822-6519.
• VBSkid.org, where Jesus is always online is the theme of this year’s Vacation Bible School program at Good Shepherd Lutheran. The McAvoy family from Arizona will lead VBS with their high energy fun. VBS will run June 23 through 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m., for ages kindergarten through 6th grade. Good Shepherd is located at 329 S. Mill St. For preregistration and more information contact Melissa Zehr at 823-1358.
•The Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present Bear Valley’s own Dan Bronson in a lecture entitled "Chasing the Rainbow." This lecture will take place on Saturday, June 28, from 4 to 5:30 p.m., at the Equestrian Center in Bear Valley. Refreshments will be served, but reservations are required. Call Jeanette at 972-2344 or Nilly at 821-1587 for reservations and gate passes by June 18.
• College Community Services — The Learning Center, located at 107 S. Mill St., Suite B, will be hosting a BBQ and potluck event Wednesday, June 25, from noon to 2 p.m. Hamburgers and hotlines will be provided. Bring a dish to share with approximately 10 people. RSVP at least two days in advance of the event by calling 822-4639.
• Golden Hills Community Services District to meet at 6:30 p.m., on June 19, at 21414 Reeves St.
• Stallion Springs Community Services District meets June 124 at 6 p.m. at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board will meet at 4 p.m., June 18, at 22901 Banducci Road.
• Second public workshop for Golden Hills sanitation customers will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., June 23, at the Golden Highlands Clubhouse, 21276 White Pine Drive.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on June 19, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org