© 2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Nov. 14, 2013:
The latest news - Firefighters from the Kern County Fire Department are posted on Tucker Road between Tehachapi Boulevard and Valley Boulevard to collect money for the Make-a-Wish foundation. Take a look at a photo of the collection on our Facebook page HERE and be sure to open up the Tehachapi News next week for more photos.
AND...Former Tehachapi resident Michael Stainer has been appointed as director of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Division of Adult Institutions. READ the story.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Nov. 13, 2013
1:20 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another at Tehachapi High School. Student pulled a fire alarm. Disposition: Arrest made.
8:24 p.m. Assault report taken at Tehachapi Police Department. Reporting party is requesting contact about his juvenile being a victim of battery by another child yesterday. Reporting party believes his ex is negligent for leaving her alone. Disposition: Information only.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation:
Between Nov. 13 and the morning of Nov. 14, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 19 incidents, including a petty theft investigation and a burglary investigation, both in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
This afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 68. Southeast wind around 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
The forecast for the weekend predicts sunny and clear skies, though breezy winds will continue through the day on Saturday. Temperatures will peak around 50, and lows will dip to around 30.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
* The next Tehachapi City Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 18, 6 p.m., at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Stallion Springs Community Service District Board of Directors is scheduled to meet Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m., at 27800 Stallion Springs Dr.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 5:30 p.m. and will be held at 490 W. "D" St.
• On Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 6 p.m., the Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors will meet at the Golden Hills Community Services District building, 21415 Reeves St.
• The Tehachapi Cummings County Water District will meet at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 22901 Banducci Road.
• The next meeting of the Golden Hills Community Services District board is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 21, at 6:30 p.m., at 21415 Reeves St.MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Football — Varsity in CIF Division II Playoffs (First Round) this Friday at home against North. Game will start at 7 p.m.
Volleyball — Varsity in CIF Division II Playoffs (Quarterfinals) this Thursday at home against Mt. Whitney. Game will start at 6:30 p.m.
Cross Country — Varsity/JV at SEYL Championships this Thursday, Nov. 14 at Hart Park – Bakersfield. First Races start at 10:30 a.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since Wednesday's News@Noon.The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, Nov. 15.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com