© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Jan. 14, 2014:
The latest news - A Red Flag Warning has been issued by the National Weather Service in Hanford for very low humidities and strong winds over the Kern County Mountains, which will remain in effect until 10 p.m. Wednesday night. Considering these weather conditions, if fire ignition were to occur, there could be rapid spread and extreme behavior with threat to life and property. Affected areas include Tehachapi and Bear Valley Springs. Read more HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Jan. 13, 201411:33 a.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred at Four Seasons Trailer Park on West "J" St. 415 Fight in parking lot, male vs. male. Now on North Curry Street, two Hispanic male adults walking on Curry towards west "I" Street. DP1 wearing all black, DP2 beanie, blue jeans. Disposition: Warning (Cite/Verbal).
10:42 p.m. Missing juvenile report. Occurred at 24171 Deertrail Drive on Deertrail Drive. Only wants contact via 10-21. Disposition: Report Taken.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Jan. 13, 2014
4:31 p.m. Theft of mail. Occurred on Martingale Way. Mail Theft. Package found. Disposition: No Criminal Activity.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Jan. 13 and the morning of Jan. 14, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 16 incidents, including a malicious mischief investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 63. Breezy, with an east northeast wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 38. Breezy, with an east northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph.
Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 39. East wind around 15 mph.
• TCT is performing "Cemetery Club" at the Beekay Theater Jan. 16 through Jan. 19. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening shows start at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinee is at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10.
• Wine pairing dinner at Don Juan’s Latin Grill, featuring wines of Opolo Vineyards. Saturday, Jan. 18. Fundraiser for Rotary of Tehachapi. Tickets: $70. Information call: 818-519-7144
• Fiddlers Crossing: Amber Cross, Old time/country/folk, Saturday, Jan. 25, 7 p.m. $20.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District's regular board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Golden Hills Community Services District headquarters on 21415 Reeves St. has been cancelled.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the GHCSD headquarters on 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEKWrestling – SEYL Dual Meet vs. Highland (6 p.m.) at home - THS gym on Wednesday, Jan. 15. California Invitational-Morro Bay Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 17-18. SEYL Dual Meet at North (6 p.m.) next Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) vs. East at home - THS gym next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (4 p.m.) at Golden Valley (GV Tourney Championship Game) on Thursday, Jan. 16. Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at East next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Garces at home - Coy Burnett Field on Thursday, Jan. 16 and vs. East at home – Coy Burnett Field next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at Garces on Thursday, Jan. 16 and at East next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org