© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Jan. 10, 2014:
The latest news - A public hearing will be held before Tehachapi City Council on Monday, Jan. 27, at 6 p.m. at the Tehachapi High School cafeteria on 801 S. Dennison Road, to consider an appeal from the Planning Commission's decision that approved a building project and revised Environmental Impact Report for the Walmart project.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
Due to staffing issues, we must take a brief hiatus from passing along the Public Safety Report. Watch for it to return soon.WEATHER FORECAST
Today: Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 60. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 39. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
• Sligo Rags is performing at Fiddlers Crossing on Jan. 11, starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• Wine pairing dinner at Don Juan’s Latin Grill, featuring wines of Opolo Vineyards. Saturday, Jan. 18. Fundraiser for Rotary of Tehachapi. Tickets: $70. Information call: 818-519-7144
• Fiddlers Crossing: Amber Cross, Old time/country/folk, Saturday, Jan. 25, 7 p.m. $20.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission's next meeting is set for Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District is meeting Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Golden Hills Community Services District headquarters on 21415 Reevest St.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the GHCSD headquarters on 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Wrestling – SEYL Dual Meet at the THS gym with East-Bakersfield (5 p.m.) on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Centennial Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 10-11. SEYL Dual Meet at the THS gym with Highland-Bakersfield on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) vs. Frontier at home – THS gym on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at Frontier on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at Foothill on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Independence at home – Coy Burnett Field on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Varsity at South Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 10-11. Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Foothill at home – Coy Burnett Field on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, Jan. 13.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org