© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Feb. 24, 2014:
The latest news - Public invited to 'Friends of Fallen Heroes' service at Bakersfield National Cemetary. Read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Feb. 21, 2014
5:22 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Business was broken into during the night forced entry through the back door. Disposition: Report taken.
11:07 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal info. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department, East "F" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
1:51 p.m. Assault. Occurred at Tehachapi High School on South Dennison Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Feb. 21, 2014
10:43 a.m. Fire. Occurred at Jacaranda Dr/Stirrup Wy, Tehachapi. Cellular E911 Call: Lat: 35.163471 Lon:-118.57975 Service Class: W911. Fire department is aware and a burn permit was issued. Disposition: No Further Action Required.
6:52 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Bear Valley Road and Lower Valley Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Feb. 21 and the morning of Feb. 24, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 56 incidents, including a malicious mischief investigation on Tamblin Road and a spousal battery investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 65. Southeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. South southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
• Ballroom Dancing at West Park Activities Center every Monday, starting Feb. 24. Beginners classes start start at 6:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Intermediate classes go from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Classes cost $50 per person for six one-hour classes.
• James Lee Stanley & John Batdorf: "All Wood and Stones," songs of Rolling Stones, unplugged, presented by Fiddlers Crossing, at Beekay Theatre, Saturday, March 1 at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25, 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's is hosting a special board meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 5:30 p.m., at the district's headquarters on 490 W. "D" St. Agenda items include discussion of the 2014 agreement with TVRPD and Tehachapi Little League.
• Bear Valley Springs CSD is hosting its next board meeting on Thursday, Feb. 27, 6 p.m. at the district's headquarters on 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Boys Basketball – Varsity (7 p.m.) vs. the winner of No. 3 Independence and No. 14 South in CIF Central Section Division III playoff quarterfinals this Thursday, Feb. 27. Winner of that game will play in the playoff semifinals next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (7 p.m.) vs. No. 13 Arvin in the CIF Central Section Division III playoff first round this Wednesday, Feb. 26. If THS wins, they will play the winner of No. 5 Shafter and No. 12 Frontier in the playoff quarterfinals this Friday, Feb. 28 at home. Winner of the quarterfinal match-up will play in the playoff semifinals next Wednesday, Mar. 5.
Wrestling – CIF Grand Masters Championships (9 a.m.) at Madera South this Saturday, Mar. 1.
Baseball – Varsity at North-Terrio Spring Classic vs. Ridgeview (3:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, Feb. 26. Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3: 15 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Softball – Varsity at North Leadoff Classic vs. Foothill (3:30 p.m.) this Wednesday, Feb. 26 and vs. Taft (3:30 p.m.) this Thursday, Feb. 27. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Burroughs-Ridgecrest at home (3:30 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Silver Creek Pool vs. Ridgeview (3:30 p.m.) on Friday, Feb. 28.
Track and Field – Varsity at East Bakersfield Relays on Saturday, Mar. 1.
Tennis – Jayvee at Gryphon-Frontier Cup at Frontier this Friday-Saturday, Feb. 28 – Mar. 1.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com