© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Feb. 28, 2014:
The latest news - James Lee Stanley and John Batdorf are playing 'the Stones' tomorrow evening at the Beekay Theatre. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more information, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Feb. 27, 2014
8:18 p.m. Hit and run/property. Occurred on Cherry Lane. Occurred over a week ago. Disposition: Information only.
11:15 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Beech Street. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Feb. 27, 2014
10:37 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Highway. Cellular E911 Call: Lat:35.110213 Lon:-118.33972. Service Class: WPH2 dog in roadway transferred caller to CHP. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
2:28 p.m. Auto accident - no injuries/property. Occurred on Dart Drive. Disposition: Report taken.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Feb. 27 and the morning of Feb. 28, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 22 incidents, including a burglary investigation on South Street.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 49. Windy, with an east southeast wind 20 to 30 mph becoming south in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: Showers. Low around 38. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Saturday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
• First Friday welcomes March: Come Taste the Butter: First Friday on March 7 features butter making at Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. East Street, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
• Let the fiddlin' begin at Carden on March 8: The young fiddlers of Tehachapi will be starting off this year with the Amateur Fiddle Contest held at Carden School of Tehachapi, 20419 Brian Way. Starting at 8 a.m., contestants will need to register for their chance to hopefully take their position in the First Place spot. The Amatewur Fiddle Contest is centered on kids that are 18 and under to promote Music and Arts at a young age.
• James Lee Stanley & John Batdorf: "All Wood and Stones," songs of Rolling Stones, unplugged, presented by Fiddlers Crossing, at Beekay Theatre, Saturday, March 1 at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• TCT's 2014 Playwright's Festival begins at the Beekay Theatre on Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. All seats are $10.
• Tehachapi City Council is meeting Monday, March 3 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Girls Basketball – Varsity will play No. 5 Shafter in the playoff quarterfinals this Friday, Feb. 28 at home at 6 p.m. Winner of the quarterfinal match-up will play in the playoff semifinals next Wednesday, Mar. 5.
Wrestling – CIF Grand Masters Championships (9 a.m.) at Madera South this Saturday, Mar. 1.
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee at Burroughs-Ridgecrest (3: 15 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Softball – Varsity at North Leadoff Classic vs. Foothill (3:30 p.m.) this Wednesday, Feb. 26 and vs. Taft (3:30 p.m.) this Thursday, Feb. 27. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Burroughs-Ridgecrest at home (3:30 p.m.) next Tuesday, Mar. 4.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Silver Creek Pool vs. Ridgeview (3:30 p.m.) on Friday, Feb. 28.
Track and Field – Varsity at East Bakersfield Relays on Saturday, Mar. 1.
Tennis – Jayvee at Gryphon-Frontier Cup at Frontier this Friday-Saturday, Feb. 28 – Mar. 1.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, March 3.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com