©2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Sept. 13, 2013:
The latest news - Police have identified the Castaic woman who had been missing since Aug. 5. She was found dead in the desert in the southeastern part of California City. READ HERE. AND Tehacahapi High School football will be at Liberty in Bakersfield tonight. Kick off is at 7:30 p.m.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Sept. 12, 2013
5:59 a.m. Man down occurred at Hickory Avenue and Cherry Lane. A 43-year-old male down in front of driveway. One shoe on, one shoe off. Male subject is breathing. Reporting party advises under the influence. Arrest made.
10:36 a.m. Traffic stop at Bartlett Street and Oak Drive. Arrest made.
10:46 a.m. Vandalism report occurred on Tucker Road. Report taken.
1:00 p.m. Battery occurred at Abernathy Charter School. Fight between two students. One student hit in the stomach and head with closed fist. Principal request. Arrest made.
2:01p.m. Disturbing the peace occurred on Hickory Avenue. Between mother and son. Ex-wife was putting her hands on their son. Assignment completed.
2:58 p.m. Petty theft less than $400.00 occurred at South Dennison Road. Report taken.
8:16 p.m. Suspicious circumstances occurred on Anita Drive. A 13-year-old home alone and someone is ringing the door bell. The daughter is frightened. She is not expecting company. Parents are 10 minutes away. Checks ok.
8:35 Suspicious circumstances occurred on East “E” Street. Appears that someone has come into residence while reporting party was away from home. Hasn't noticed anything missing at this time. Assignment completed.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Sept. 12, 2013
9:23 a.m. Animal call occurred on Sunrise Court. Reporting party has trapped a raccoon, requesting we respond to relocate it. Situation resolved.
4:01p.m. Lost property occurred at Bear Valley Police Department. Lost gold ring. Information only.
9:00 p.m. Found property occurred on Bear Valley Road. Found keys – Chevrolet. Information only.
1:09 p.m. Found property occurred at Bear Valley Police Department. Chevy key and after market alarm remote w/ misc padlock keys found at unknown location in Bear Valley. Information only.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
The National Weather Service in Hanford provides the following forecast for the Tehachapi area:
This afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 84. Light west northwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 88. West wind around 5 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 87. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
Sunday night: Sunny, with a high near 87. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
• The Tehachapi City Council will meet Monday, Sept. 16, at 6 p.m. in the Beekay Theatre, 110 S. Green St. One item to be discussed is a proposed spending plan for funds received by the city under Government Code section 30061, the Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Fund.
• A notice of adjournment was issued for the Tuesday, Sept. 10, Airport Commission meeting. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 8 at the Pilot's Lounge, 314 N. Hayes St.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 18, the Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District will hold its regular board of directors meeting at 6 p.m. as the Golden Hills Community Services District building, 21415 Reeves St. The agenda has not yet been distributed.
• Concerns about a decision by Golden Hills Community Services District to pursue taking on trash collection instead of Kern County — possibly replacing Benz Sanitation with an out-of-town contractor — has prompted the Board of Directors of the Greater Tehachapi Economic Development Council to schedule a special public meeting on Monday, Sept. 16, at 4 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Beekay Theatre on Green Street.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks Dept. board of directors will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at West Park, 490 W. "D" St.
•The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 18, at the district headqarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Directors from the Golden Hills CSD will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 19, at CSD building, 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Football – Varsity/Jayvee at Libertyn tonight. Jayvee at 5 p.m. and Varsity at 7:30 p.m.
Girls Tennis – Jayvee at Frontier Griffin Cup on Saturday, Sept. 13.
LATEST OBITUARIES & DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, Sept. 16.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com