© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for April 4, 2014:
The latest news - The Golden Hills Community Services District is hosting its first monthly special Saturday board meeting on April 5. The meeting will be held on the first Saturday of every month and will be used to get feedback from the community on important topics in Golden Hills. For more information, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
• School superintendent search underway; public comment sought at April 8 meeting
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
April 4, 2014
2:48 a.m. Rape report. Occurred on Tanglewood Dr, Tehachap. Reporting party is declining medical attention. Disposition: Report taken.
• 7:32 a.m. Suspicious circumstances. Occurred at Tehachapi High School on Dennison Road. Disposition: Report taken.
• 9:23 .m. Keep the peace. Occurred at Trails End Mobile Home Park on East "H" Street. Disposition: Unfounded.
10:18 a.m. Disturbing the peace. Occurred on North Green Street. Disposition: Situation resolved.
4:16 p.m. Warrant service. Occurred on East "F" Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
5:26 p.m. Driving without a license. Occurred on Tucker Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
6:25 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:48 p.m. Trespassing. Occurred on West "E" Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Bear Valley Police Department:
April 3, 2014
9:31 a.m. Shots fire/heard. Occurred on Wagon Wheel Court. Several shots heard in the area, possibly on San Juan, nothing seen. poss construction in the area. Disposition: Unable to locate.
12:28 p.m. Theft of mail. Occurred on Winchester Court. Mail theft to the mail box- $300.00 worth of coins delivered at 1347- Disposition: Report taken.
4:12 p.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred on Palomino Way. Removeable graffiti on a bv unit's windshield. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Report unavailable at this time.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
• First Friday Art Walk, downtown Tehachapi; April 4, various venues open from 5 to 8 p.m. with refreshments and entertainment. Open to all.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 4, and Saturday, April 5, at the Beekay Theatre. A Sunday matinee will be held April 6, at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10.
• Alan Reid and Rob van Sante are performing at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 4, at Fiddlers Crossing. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more information, call 823-9994.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
* The Foundation for After School Education in conjunction with the Art Science and Technology Committee will present a fashion show Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m., at the Lisec's residence in Bear Valley Springs. Tickets cost $15. Call Kathleen at 972-9102.
* A pancake breakfast will be held Saturday, April 12, from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Tehachapi Veterans Hall located on "F" Street, with proceeds to go to help Traqcey Reese with medical bills. Breakfast will include pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice, for a $5 donation.
• The Southern Sierra Amateur Radio Club (Ham Radio) will meet Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m., at 600 S. Dennison Rd. Guest speaker will be Howard Krawitz (AH6TX). Call 203-7005.
* AAUW will meet Wednesday, April 9, at 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Community Church, 100 E. "E" St. Guest speaker will be Mirna Troncosco, who will talk about food choices. Call Susan at 821-6008.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet Monday, April 7, at 6 p.m., at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting will be Tuesday, April 8, at 6 p.m., at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St. The regular meeting will be preceded by a session beginning at 5 p.m. to allow the community input on the superintendent selection process.
• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District's next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the district's headquarters at 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball — Varsity/Jayvee vs. Highland at home and Frosh at Highland on Friday, April 4. All games will start at 4 p.m.
Tennis — Varsity vs. North at home and Jayvee at North 3:30 p.m. next Tuesday, April 8.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
• Edward Elliott Drake, 1957 — 2014
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Monday, April 7.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com