© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for May 6, 2014:
The latest news - Two Tehachapi men were arrested early Monday morning and charged with discharging a laser at an occupied airplane. One of the men was additionally charged with Possession of Controlled Substance for Sales, and Maintaining a Drug House. HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
May 5, 2014
Bear Valley Police Department:
May 5, 2014
7:14 a.m. Threats death/bodily injury, report taken at Bear Valley Police Department. Reporting party is receiving threats from her son. Disposition: No further action required.
10:02 a.m. Warrant service. Officer initiated activity at Prairie. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:33 a.m. Vandalism against person or property of another. Occurred at Baseball Field on Bear Valley Road. Toilets have been vandalized. Disposition: Report taken.
10:39 a.m. Warrant service. Officer initiated activity at Prairie Court. Disposition: No further action required.
1:20 p.m. Annoying phone calls. Report taken at Bear Valley Police Department on Bear Valley Road. Reporting party is receiving annoying calls from an unknown subject. Disposition: Information only.
8:51 p.m. Police 9-1-1. Occurred on Brett Avenue. A suspicious vehicle stopping in front of residence, light brown Subaru outback, one white female, and one Hispanic female got out of vehicle, when reporting party went outside, females fled on foot, unknown direction of travel for both females and vehicle. Disposition: Arrest made.
Kern County Sheriff's Office
Between May 5 and the morning of May 6, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 10 calls, including a grand theft investigation on Shumaker Road, a suspicious individual on Old Town Road, an investigation of disturbing the peace on McCarthy Drive, and keeping the peace on Mini Court.
Stallion Springs: Nothing to report.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Windy, with a west northwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• The Multiple Sclerosis support group will meet Thursday, May 8, from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Tehachapi Moose Lodge, located at 123 W. “F” St.
• The Stallion Springs Property Owner's Association will also host its annual Round Up and Flea Market the following weekend on Saturday, May 10, from 8 a.m. to noon, at the Community Center. Set up will commence at 7 a.m.
• The Friends of the Tehachapi Library will host a big book sale event Wednesday, May 14, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, May 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Heritage League is sponsoring "Kids Day at the Museum" at the Tehachapi Museum in conjunction with National Museum Day on May 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The 8th annual Combat Hapkido self-defense seminar for men, women and teens ages 13 and up will be held Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Tehachapi Martial Arts Center, located at 20418 Brian Way, Suite 6.
• The Tehachapi Martial Arts Center will host the Defense Against a Bully class Friday, May 16, from 5 to 6 p.m.
• The Arts, Science & Technology Education Corporation of Tehachapi (AST) is sponsoring the 2014 Tehachapi Intermediate Space Challenge for Tehachapi 4th and 5th graders at the Tehachapi Municipal Airport on May 21, from 10 a.m. To 12:30 p.m.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District will present the Tehachapi Memorial Day Ceremony and Parade on May 26, at 10:15 a.m. The line up begins at 9 a.m. at Kmart and the parade finishes at Philip Marx Park, Mojave and "D" Street.
• The Catholic Daughters will be holding their Spring Rummage sale on Friday, May 30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday, May 31, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in McMullan Hall at St. Malachy Catholic Church, located at 407 W. "E" St.
• The Tehachapi Business Watch information meeting, Thursday, May 8, at 6 p.m., at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
• Smart Growth-Tehachapi Valley will host a special water meeting, "Our Water Situation," Saturday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Moose Lodge, located at the corner "F" and Curry Streets.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill and Frosh vs. Foothill at home on Wednesday, May 7. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Garces at home and Frosh at Garces on Friday, May 9. All games start at 4 p.m.
Softball – Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill and Frosh vs. Foothill at home on Wednesday, May 7. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Garces at home and Frosh at Garces on Friday, May 9. All games start at 4 p.m.
Track and Field – Varsity at SEYL Championships (Bakersfield College) this Thursday, May 8. First event will start at 3:30 p.m.
Tennis – Varsity at CIF South Area Individual Championships on Friday, May 9. Singles will start at 2 p.m. and Doubles will start at 4 p.m.
Swimming – Varsity at SEYL Championships (Bakersfield College) on Saturday, May 10. First event will start at 9 a.m. Jayvee at SEYL Championships (Garces HS) on Wednesday, May 7. First event will start at 2 p.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published on Tuesday, May 7, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org