© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 6, 2014:
The latest news - In a unanimous vote held by School Board Trustees last May, Susan Andreas-Bervel was named the new superintendent for Tehachapi Unified School District. Andreas-Bervel replaced the former superintendent, Lisa Gilbert, taking the helm as of July 1......HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 5, 2014
2:44 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Hospital. Disposition: Information only.
7:08 a.m. Police 9-1-1. Occurred at Best Western Country Inn. Caller dialed emergency line, accidental dial. Disposition: No further action required.
7:48 a.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on South Curry Street. Silent door alarm on the east side doorway
responsible pending. Disposition: False alarm.
8:05 a.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Warrants. Disposition: Arrest made.
8:36 a.m. Counter at the Police Department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Report taken.
9:31 a.m. Found property. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Report taken.
9:58 a.m. Trespassing. Occurred on East "H" Street. Two subjects squatting. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:32 a.m. Burglary report. Occurred on East "F" Street. Someone has vandalized the washing machine and stolen coins from it. Disposition: No further action required.
10:39 a.m. Extra patrol. Occurred on Scarlet Oak Drive. Requesting extra patrol due to someone taking the screws from the garage. Reporting party wishes no report, only log and note. Disposition: Information only.
11:54 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:17 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Clearview Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:34 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:38 p.m. Counter at the police department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Harassment. Disposition: Advised.
2:06 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at West "E" Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:09 p.m. See the woman. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Unable to locate.
3:01 p.m. Welfare check request. Occurred at Orchard Apartments on North Mill Street. Disposition: Checks ok.
3:10 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Enterprise Way. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:14 p.m. Welfare check request. Officer initiated activity at Meadowbrook Court. Disposition: No further action required.
3:47 p.m. Auto accident, no injuries/property. Occurred on Tucker Road. Parking lot, fender bender, Dodge gray Charger vs. pickup brownish gray, both parties will exchange information. Disposition: Information only.
4:17 p.m. See the woman. Occurred at Studio J on East "F" Street. Disposition: No further action required.
4:24 p.m. Hit and run/property. Occurred At Love's Truck Stop. Trailer backed into two vehicles and left scene. Disposition: Report taken.
5:48 p.m. Suspicious circumstances. Officer initiated activity at North Hayes Street. Disposition: Checks ok.
8:10 p.m. Burglary alarm. Officer initiated activity at Commercial Way. Disposition: Checks ok.
8:29 p.m. Tehachapi City Ordinance. Occurred on Clearview Street. Reporting party states there are carpet cleaning solicitors walking around the neighborhood. Disposition: Unable to locate.
8:57 p.m. Threats death/bodily injury. Occurred on Bay Court. Cellular 9-1-1 Call: Uncle making threats to reporting party and her mother over the phone. Disposition: Information 0nly.
11:51 p.m. Welfare check request. Occurred on Meadowbrook Court. Sister is at this address, with three juveniles, one girl, 9, and two boys, 3 and 5. Disposition: Negative contact.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 5, 2014
12:28 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Blackgold Way. Fifth night in a row, dog has been barking continuously. Disposition: Advised.
9:51 a.m. Citizen requested assistance. Occurred on Rollingoak Drive. Requesting to speak with an officer. Disposition: Arrest made.
10:16 a.m. Location of juvenile. Occurred on Deertrail Drive. Two year old, woman wearing white long sleeve T-shirt and gray sweat shorts was walking alone on Deertrail. Reporting party is with him at his home. Disposition: Report taken.
12:36 p.m. Animal call. Occurred on Deertrail Drive. Bear sighting. Disposition: Information only.
12:42 p.m. Traffic stop. Officer initiated activity at Highway/Banducci Road. Disposition: Warning.
1:24 p.m. Unauthorized use of personal information. Occurred at Bear Valley Police Department on Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Report taken.
3:58 p.m. Excessive speed. Occurred on Bear Valley Road. Cars speeding in area, specifically a white truck with miscellaneous garden tools in back. Almost hit horses. Disposition: Information only.
4:47 p.m. Theft of mail. Occurred at Willow Pass Drive/Deertrail Drive. In progress, white man 5' 10", wearing plaid shirt, driving a blue compact car, possible stealing mail, he was checking all mail boxes. Last seen heading up Deertrail. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
5:50 p.m. Police 9-1-1. Occurred on El Rancho Drive. Cellular 9-1-1 call: Pocket call. Disposition: No further action required.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Information unavailable at this time.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 82. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Thursday: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 62. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• Cerro Coso Community College will host Information Day on Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Unified School District office, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Salvation Army will host its annual Back to School Drive on Thursday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 538 E. Tehachapi Blvd. Donations of new and gently used, clean clothing for school age children are being sought in support of the drive. Sponsorships are also needed to help local children purchase shoes for $20. Families in need of assistance can call 823-9508 for information on how to apply.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• Have a Heart Humane Society will offer a low cost spay/neuter vaccination clinic Saturday, Aug. 9. Reservations can be made at Radio Shack on Saturday, July 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. No phone calls or emails please. Cost is $25 for dogs and $20 for cats.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District Land Development Committee meets Aug. 7 at 6 p.m. at the district office, 21415 Reeves Street.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 12 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new notices.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 7, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com