© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 7, 2014:
The latest news - In a unanimous vote held by School Board Trustees last May, Susan Andreas-Bervel was named the new superintendent for Tehachapi Unified School District. Andreas-Bervel replaced the former superintendent, Lisa Gilbert, taking the helm as of July 1......HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 6, 2014
1:22 a.m. Burglary alarm, officer initiated activity at Cherry Lane. Out checking on a vehicle alarm. Disposition: Unable to locate.
5:20 a.m. Assist other agencies, occurred at Highline Road/Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:22 a.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at South Hayes Street/East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Checks Ok.
7:18 a.m. Accident with no details, officer initiated activity at Highway 58/Tucker Road, Westbound 58 just west of approximately half-mile from Tucker. Disposition: Assisted.
7:42 a.m. Trespassing report, occurred on Commercial Way. Past occurred on Aug. 2 or Aug. Some neighbors of the airport have being trespassing. Disposition: Report taken.
8:26 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal info, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Disposition: Civil problem.
8:42 a.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Cherry Lane Apartments, Cherry Lane. Disposition: Assignment completed.
9:58 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Mobile Estates Park, South Dennison Road. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:31 a.m. Pedestrian check, officer initiated activity at West "F" Street/South Mill Street, Tehachapi. Disposition: Arrest made on warrant.
12:57 p.m. Missing person locate, occurred on Black Oak Drive. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:19 p.m. Grand theft report, occurred on Hickory Avenue. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:16 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at North Mill Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:51 p.m. Vandalism report, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Counter. Disposition: Assignment completed.
5:17 p.m. Vandalism report, occurred at Indian Creek Villas on Tucker Road. Back window to vehicle was broken, unknown if anything was stolen. Disposition: Report taken.
5:51 p.m. Drunk in public, occurred at Centennial Plaza on South Green Street. Two males in the plaza, one appears to be under the influence. Disposition: Unable to locate.
6:05 p.m. Battery report, occurred on East "I" Street. Female with broken foot. She was battered around 1 p.m. today somewhere in Tehachapi. Disposition: Report taken.
7:35 p.m. Welfare check request, occurred on Mulberry Street. Check the welfare on female in late 60s. Disposition: Checks Ok.
7:44 p.m. Drunk in public, occurred at West Park on West "D" Street. White male adult behind the snack bar. Disposition: No further action required.
8:47 p.m. Welfare check request, occurred on West Valley Boulevard. Check the welfare of 15-year-old. Disposition: Checks Ok.
9:15 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred at Ranch House Motel on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Asian speaking reporting party, no voice contact, line went dead. Will attempt to recontact. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:08 p.m. Trespassing, occurred at Holiday Inn Express on Capital Hills Parkway. Male wearing headphones walking around the premises. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:17 p.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at Highway 58/North Mill Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 6, 2014
12:02 p.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Allen Court. Barking dog. Disposition: Negative contact.
2:18 p.m. Excessive speed, occurred on Bear Valley Road. Vehicle driving fast on Bear Valley Road near the area of 26000 block. Disposition: Advised.
3:14 p.m. Reckless driving, occurred on Bear Valley Road.
Motorcycle driving recklessly, Bear Valley following a motorcycle swerving in and out of traffic. Disposition: Unable to locate.
8:46 p.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Oak Tree Court. Barking dog/ occurring for the last hour. Disposition: Advised.
9:30 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred on Sheeptrail Court. Reporting party sees flashlight activity at an unfinished house above his. The house has been vacant for the last three years and is unsecured. Disposition: No criminal activity.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between Aug. 6 and the morning of Aug. 7, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 20 calls for service, including: a trespassing call on Umtali Road in Sand Canyon, a trespassing call on Grindelwald Court/Gridelwald Drive in Alpine Forest, a burglary investigation on Mountain Drive in Golden Hills, an out for investigation on Alps Drive in Alpine Forest, a peace disturbance on Cherry Lane, a burglary investigation on Hacienda Drive in Golden Hills, an out for investigation on White Street in Golden Hills, an out for investigation on Alps Drive in Alpine Forest, a health and safety call on Highway 202, a patrol check at Golden Hills Elementary, an assist other departments on Highway 58/Capital Hills/North Mill Street, a burglary investigation on Sierra Avenue in Golden Hills, and a patrol check on South Street at mini storage place.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 85. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 62. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 87. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• Have a Heart Humane Society will offer a low cost spay/neuter vaccination clinic Saturday, Aug. 9. Reservations can be made at Radio Shack on Saturday, July 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. No phone calls or emails please. Cost is $25 for dogs and $20 for cats.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District Land Development Committee meets Aug. 7 at 6 p.m. at the district office, 21415 Reeves Street.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 12 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Bear Valley Community Services District Board of Directors meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 14 at the district office on 28999 South Valley Boulevard.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new notices.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 8, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org