© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 11, 2014:
The latest news - Tehachapi was named a runner-up in PetSafe’s Bark for Your Park nationwide contest and was awarded funding to build an off-leash dog park. Tehachapi, with a population of about 14,414,...HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unavailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 8, 2014
12:06 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred at South Lower Valley Road/Jamaica Dunes Drive. Male subject in white pick up truck appears to be going through mail boxes, has turned around several times to check the area then continued looking in boxes. Disposition: Checks Ok.
4:36 p.m. Trespassing, occurred on Oak Tree Court. Neighbor trespasses continuously, requests contact by phone. Disposition: Negative contact.
8 a.m. Welfare check request, occurred on Greenwater Drive. Check on male subject, a 60 year-old man. Neighbor has not heard from him a few days. Subject's vehicle is at the residence and when the reporting party noticed the garage door was open, he went over and knocked on the door but there was no answer. Reporting party also attempted to call him by phone and received no answer. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Aug. 9, 2014
10:22 a.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Greenwater Drive. Dog getting out of owners property and attacking reporting party as she walks in the street. Has been an on going problem. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:46 p.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred at South Lower Valley Road/Butterfield Way. Injured dog in the intersection. Reporting party is attempting to rescue. Disposition: No further action required.
7:40 p.m. Traffic hazard, occurred at Gate on Bear Valley Road. Blue dually pickup with a trailer dragging something behind it. Approaching the entrance gate at this time. Reporting party concerned whatever is dragging may spark a fire. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between Aug. 8 and the morning of Aug. 11, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 58 calls for service.
Between Aug. 8 and Aug. 9, deputies responded to 16 calls including: a check the welfare on Umtali Road in Sand Canyon, an assist other departments on Highway 58 and Highway 223, a check the welfare call on Hacienda Drive in Golden Hills, a suspicious vehicle on Circle Drive in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Westwood Boulevard at Meadowbrook Park, a suspicious person on Santa Lucia Street at Supersize Storage, a viscous dog call on Highway 202, an assist other departments on Tehachapi Willow Springs Road/Oak Creek Road, a health and safety call on Madre Street in Golden Hills, a suspicious vehicle on Country Club Drive/Hacienda Drive in Golden Hills, a check the welfare call on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a patrol check at Meadowbrook Park and a patrol check on Bear Valley Road at Cummings Valley Elementary.
Between Aug. 9 and the morning of Aug. 10, deputies responded to 24 calls, including: a malicious mischief call on Loop Street in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Water Canyon Road at Tehachapi Mountain Park, a suspicious individual on Alps Drive in Alpine Forest, a a patrol check at Sand Bowl, a health and safety call on Mission Street in Golden Hills, a malicious mischief call on Buena Vista Street in Golden Hills, a loud music call on Clubview Court in Golden Hills, a loud music call on Moon Drive in Golden Hills, a loud music call on Cherry Lane, a patrol check on White Pine Drive at Golden Highlands in Golden Hills, a malicious mischief call on Woodford Tehachapi Road/Highway 202, a patrol check on Buena Vista Street in Golden Hills, a peace disturbance on Putting Green Way in Golden Hills, a patrol check in Keene, a patrol check on Bear Valley Road, a physical peace disturbance on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, and a verbal peace disturbance on Rod Court/Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills.
Between Aug. 10 and the morning of Aug. 11, deputies responded to 18 calls, including: a patrol check at Meadowbrook Park on Westwood Boulevard, a suspicious individual on Lakeside Road in Sand Canyon, a peace disturbance on Zurich Drive in Alpine Forest, a patrol check on Banducci Road at Brite Lake, a patrol check on Madre Street in Golden Hills, an assist other departments on Shirley Drive in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a malicious mischief call on Wyworry Lane, a patrol check on Sierra Avenue/Madre Street in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Madre Street/Santa Barbara Drive in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Santa Maria Drive and Park Road in Golden Hills, an assist other departments on East "F" Street in Tehachapi, and a patrol check at Cummings Valley Elementary on Bear Valley Road.
Today: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the evening.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. West wind around 10 mph.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Tehachapi Planning Commission meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 6 at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The first meeting of the Golden Hills Community Services District’s wastewater committee meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 12 at the district office, 21415 Reeves St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 12 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Bear Valley Community Services District Board of Directors meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 14 at the district office on 28999 South Valley Blvd.
• The Tehachapi City Council will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 18 at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 12, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com