© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 13, 2014:
The latest news - City of Tehachapi voters will find a proposal for a half-cent general sales tax measure on the Nov. 4 ballot following approval by the Tehachapi City Council on Aug. 4. In a 5-0 vote, the council approved putting the sales tax measure on the ballot... HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 12, 2014
1:01 a.m. Assist other agencies, officer initiated activity at Highway 58/Tehachapi Boulevard. Eastbound Highway 58. Disposition: Assisted.
1:29 a.m. Peace disturbance verbal, occurred on South Curry Street. Hang up. Disposition: No further action required.
5:51 a.m. Traffic hazard, occurred on Noria Drive. Big rig blocking driveway to residence. Disposition: Situation resolved.
6:30 a.m. Illegally parked, officer initiated activity at Love's Truck Stop, E Tehachapi Boulevard. Various truck violations. Disposition: Non moving citation.
8:03 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Cedar Court. Disposition: Negative contact.
9:49 a.m. Welfare check request, officer initiated activity at Highway 58/North Mill Street. Check on transportation bus stopped on the side of freeway. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
9:55 a.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Pinon Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:10 a.m. Out for investigation, fficer initiated activity at Linden Court. Disposition: Unable to locate.
12:36 p.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at West "D" Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
12:42 p.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at South Mill Street/West "D" Street. Disposition: Warning .
2:03 p.m. Health and Safety, occurred at Best Western Mountain Inn on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Possible HS activity occurring in room with a lot of traffic. Disposition: Arrest Made, narcotics.
2:26 p.m. Found property, occurred on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Reporting party found a vanilla envelope left on the air condition in the back of the building, left in a locked gate, however reporting is afraid to open envelope, appears suspicious. Disposition: No further action required. Envelope was empty.
2:58 p.m. Fire, occurred at Highline Road/Backes Lane. Small field fire on Highline Road. Disposition: Turn over to.
3:32 p.m. Battery, occurred at West Park on West "D" Street. Counter, past battery occurred at West Park, victim was 17-year-old. Disposition: Report taken.
4:07 p.m. Animal call, occurred at Tucker Road/Highway 58. Bear sighting on eastbound Tucker at ramp to Highway 58. CHP advised. Disposition: Information only.
4:09 p.m. Welfare check request, occurred at Orchard Apartments on North Mill Street. Concern about a tenant has not come out of his apartment for about a week and a half. Landlord knock on door and no answer. Tenant is 40 years old and car is parked in parking lot. Disposition: Checks OK .
6:19 p.m. Traffic hazard, occurred at Pinon Street/South Curry Street. Detour sign down. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:22 p.m. Reckless driving, occurred at Mobile Estates Park on South Dennison Road. On the north end of the school property parking lot, motorcycle with big tires, riding recklessly, also a white pickup truck in the area also. Disposition: Unable to locate.
8:28 p.m. Vandalism, occurred on Fig Drive. Tire has been slashed with in the last hour. Disposition: Report taken.
9:39 p.m. Found property, occurred on East "E" Street. States there is a glass pipe in the gutter in front of the reporting party's house. Disposition: Information only.
9:52 p.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Black Oak Drive. Barking dog behind the reporting party's house on Bamboo Court. Animal has been barking for the last two hours. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
11:00 p.m. Animal call, occurred on Michael Avenue, bear sighting, non aggressive at this time, animal got scared when he saw the reporting time and ran up the tree in the front yard. Disposition: Unable to locate.
11:43 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred on Tucker Road. At least four juveniles in a black SUV using a black pistol sized pellet gun or paint ball gun with red laser shooting towards buildings in the Albertsons and Rite Aid parking lot. Last seen heading toward the Rite Aid parking lot five minutes ago. Disposition: Unable to locate.
11:52 p.m. Stolen vehicle recovery, occurred on Oakwood Street. Dispatch received locate from CHP Antelope Valley of a stolen vehicle recovery. Disposition: Information only.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 12, 2014
8:39 a.m. Disabled vehicle, officer initiated activity at Gate, Bear Valley Road Disposition: Situation resolved.
1:02 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
2:44 p.m. Traffic hazard, occurred on highway. Two bale of hay in roadway. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
4:07 p.m. Animal call, occurred at Tucker Road/Highway 58. Bear sighting on eastbound Tucker on the onramp to Highway 58. CHP will be advised. Disposition: Information only.
6:19 p.m. Traffic hazard, occurred at Pinion Street/South Curry Street. Detour sign down. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:13 p.m. Counter at police department, occurred at Bear Valley Police Department on Bear Valley Road. Warrant. Disposition: Arrest made.
7:45 p.m. Animal call, occurred on Bay Court. Bat up in their vaulted ceiling in their dining room. Disposition: Information only.
8:21 p.m. Animal call, occurred on Pueblo Court. Bear behind the travel trailer making himself comfortable. Disposition: Advised.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between Aug. 12 and the morning of Aug. 13, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 22 calls for service, including: an out for investigation on Crest Drive in Golden Hills, a lost property call on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a burglary investigation at Golden Hills Elementary on Park Road, an annoying phone calls investigation on Zurich Drive in Alpine Forest, a theft investigation on Sand Canyon Road in Sand Canyon, an assist other departments on Banducci Road/Arosa Road in Alpine Forest, an out for investigation on Valley Boulevard, a suspicious person on Mid Way/Brook Drive in Golden Hills, a patrol check at Meadowbrook Park on Westwood Boulevard in Golden HIlls, a verbal peace disturbance on Sunnybrook Drive in Golden HIlls, a health and safety call on Mini Court in Golden Hills, a loud music call on Santa Barbara Drive in Golden Hills, a a missing juvenile on Highline Road at Tehachapi Boys Group Home, an out for investigation on Banducci Road/Stallion Springs in Cummings Valley, a patrol check on Gabriel Drive in Golden Hills, and a malicious mischief on Ben Court in Golden Hills.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 86. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 85. Southwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Thursday night: Clear, with a low around 59. West wind around 15 mph.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Bear Valley Community Services District Board of Directors meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 14 at the district office on 28999 South Valley Blvd.
• The Tehachapi City Council will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 18 at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on Aug. 20 at the district office, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Mountain Meadows Community Services District board of directors meets Aug. 20 at the district office, 17980 Highline Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
• No new notices.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 14, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org