© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for July 9, 2014:
The latest news - A traffic accident in Arvin left one Tehachapi man dead on Tuesday, July 8, according to the California Highway Patrol.. .HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
12:11 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tucker Road. Disposition: Information only.
1:22 a.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at West "C" Street/South Mill Street. Disposition: Checks ok.
7:46 a.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at East "H" Street, in the alley. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:48 a.m. Petty theft report. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Counter. Disposition: Report taken.
7:51 a.m. 9-1-1 hang up. Occurred on North Hayes Street. Cellular 9-1-1 call. Attempted to call back, message advised subsriber not available. Disposition: No further action required.
9:40 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:24 a.m. Counter at the Police Department. Occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:36 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:43 a.m. Petty theft report. Occurred on Mulberry Street. Disposition: Report taken.
12:03 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Sherwood Place. Disposition: Unfounded.
12:27 p.m. Welfare check request. Occurred on White Oak Drive. Child Protective Services requested a see the woman on the child due to the child being picked up by her grandfather who was a runaway. Disposition: Unable to locate.
12:30 p.m. Warrant service. Officer initiated activity at Steuber Road. Disposition: Arrest made.
1:18 p.m. Fire. Occurred on Golden West Court. Electrical line hanging down in back yard. Disposition: Turn over to.
1:21 p.m. Welfare check request. Occurred on East "E" Street. Third party information. Disposition: Negative contact.
1:56 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Tucker Road/West Tehachapi Boulevard. Westbound lane on Apple near the Tucker/Tehachapi intersection, three bags of cement have fallen in middle of roadway. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:14 p.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Tucker Road, Tehachapi. Disposition: Assignment completed.
3:21 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at Tucker Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:24 p.m. Counter at the Police Department. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:27 p.m. Counter at the Police Department. Officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:39 p.m. Driving under the influence of alcohol. Occurred on Tucker Road. Followed a female swerving all over the road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
4:57 p.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on West "E" Street. Female is walking home and someone was following her. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:53 p.m. Reckless driving. Occurred at Highway/Cummings Valley Road. Cellular 9-1-1 call: Green pickup truck driving recklessly, in the Old Town area now, CHP advised, caller disconnected. Disposition: Negative contact.
6:55 p.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred on Aspen Drive. Residence, five minutes ago, neighbor stole bike, Hispanic male, approximately 17 years of age, green eyes, eastbound on Valley, pink/black/white Mongoose. Disposition: Report.
7:27 p.m. Out for investigation. Officer initiated activity at East Tehachapi Bouldevard. Disposition: Checks ok.
7:39 p.m. Follow up. Occurred at East "J" Street/North Green Street. Past occurred approximately five minutes ago, verbal peace disturbance between a driver and pedestrian, driver in a small gold SUV, was wearing blue jeans, white T-shirt, ball cap backwards, the pedestrian dark shorts, black jersey. Disposition: Assignment Completed.
7:59 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Tucker Road. Vehicles have dogs in the vehicles, with windows rolled up. Disposition: Checks ok.
8:13 p.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on West "E" Street. Clinic, audible, lavatory motion detector, responsible pending. Disposition: False alarm.
8:33 p.m. Citizen requested assistance. Occurred on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Requesting officer to respond to possibly assist with a voucher for three stranded adults. Disposition: Assignment completed.
8:42 p.m. Threats death/bodily injury. Occurred at Circle K on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Just occurred, verbal only, white male, biker, approximately 50 years of age, white tank top, blue pants, harley helmet, was asking about an employee and the hours that employee worked because disturbing party wants to do the employee harm, disturbing party then left the store, unknown direction of travel. Disposition: Information only.
8:47 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at South Robinson Street. Disposition: Checks ok.
11:10 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Clasico Drive/Pinon Street. Disposition: Checks ok.
11:22 p.m. Burglary alarm. Occurred on Tucker Road. Audible, front motion, attempting to contact a responsible. Disposition: False alarm.
Bear Valley Police Department: Data unavailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Department: Between July 8 and the morning of July 9, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 21 calls for service in Tehachapi, including: a patrol check on Sears Drive/Stroope Court, out for investigation on Silver Drive, see the woman on Alps Drive, 9-1-1 call on East Highway 58, suspicious circumstances on Santa Barbara Drive, resisting arrest on Golden Hills Boulevard, out for investigation on Fallen Leaf Drive, see the woman on Cherry Lane, burglary alarm on Briarwood Street, suspicious person on Madre Street/Park Road, narcotics call on Old Town Road, violation of restraining order on Charles Place, out for investigation on Retreat Place, information call on Highway 202/Bear Valley Road, see the woman on Woodford/Tehachapi Road, patrol check on South Street, peace disturbance on Rabitisha Avenue, patrol check on Prospect Avenue/Adam Drive, out for investigation on Old Towne Road/Leah Court, and animal control call on Butterfield Way.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 91. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 87. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
• Relay for Life will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 12 through Sunday, July 13 at the coy Burnett Stadium on Tehachapi Boulevard, east of Synder Avenue. All proceeds will go to help find a cure for cancer. For more information, call Lynda at 823-7525.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, July 17, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St.
• Six area restaurants will be dishing out dinner at the Tehachapi Mountain Brew and Grill Fest to be held on Saturday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Benz Visco Sports Park in Tehachapi.
Tickets and more information are available at: TehachapiBrew.com.
• HEARTS Connection will host the following events: Sensory Story time at the Tehachapi Public Library, Saturday, July 19, at 10 a.m.; Tehachapi Mothers of Special Needs park day with the kids, Friday, July 25, at noon, at Central Park; and Free EP Workshop for parents, Saturday, Aug. 23. For more information, call 328-9055.
• Annual Oldtimers Picnic will be held Sunday, Aug. 3, beginning at 11 a.m., in Central Park.
• The Salvation Army will host its annual Back to School Drive on Thursday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 538 E. Tehachapi Blvd. Donations of new and gently used, clean clothing for school age children are being sought in support of the drive. Sponsorships are also needed to help local children purchase shoes for $20. Families in need of assistance can call 823-9508 for information on how to apply.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Kern County will unveil its Old Towne Visioning process at 6 p.m. on July 9 at the Valley Oak Charter School, 20705 South St. The goal is to help revitalize Old Towne Tehachapi.
• Golden Hills Community Services District's board of directors will hold a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. on July 9 to discuss the Golden Hills Sanitation District and related items. The board meets at its district office at 21415 Reeves Street.
• The East Kern Economic Alliance meets at 2 p.m. on July 10 in the community room of the Tehachapi Police Department’s new station at 220 West “C” St.
• Bear Valley Community Services District board of directors meets at 6 p.m. on July 10 at the district office, 28999 South Lower Valley Blvd.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. on July 9 in the general conference room of Tehachapi Hospital, 115 West "E" Street." The special meeting includes the board approving a new bid from a concrete contractor for the new hospital construction.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District will hold a special board meeting at 5 p.m., on Thursday, July 10, at the district office, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on July 10, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com