©2013 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 20, 2013:
The latest news - A collision between two tractor trailers due to low visibility on Highway 58 caused both lanes to be closed between the Tucker Road and Tehachapi Boulevard exits Monday night. READ the breaking news report. AND...Thunderstorms are possible over the mountains again today. Check out the National Weather Service's notice HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activity without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Aug. 19, 2013
7:57 a.m. Disturbing the peace on East “D” Street. Subject is the pounding at the reporting party's door and refusing to leave. Arrest made.
9:00 a.m. Petty theft report occurred at college community services. Theft of license plate from vehicle. No further action required
10:46 a.m. Burglary; inhabited occurred on Wild Olive Drive. Possible in progress. Reporting party saw a man use a screw driver. Not a burglary – home restoration crew.
11:44 a.m. Burglary; inhabited occurred on Oakwood Street. Possible just occurred, two males ran out of house, jumped into vehicle with a flat screen TV. Report taken.
1:00 p.m. Suspicious circumstances occurred on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Receiving information that someone was being held at gunpoint in a motorhome. Gone on arrival.
5:45 p.m. Assist other agencies on Highway 58. Eastbound lane closed at the N Mill off ramp due to major traffic collision. Hazmat 100 gallon spilled big rig completely blocking the entire roadway.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Aug. 19, 2013
6:30 a.m. Auto accident - minor injuries occurred at Cummings Valley Road and Bailey Road. A garbage truck rolled over. Turn over to CHP.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
The National Weather Service in Hanford provides the following forecast for the Tehachapi area:
This afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 89. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
The remainder of the week is forecasted to be sunny and clear, with highs topping out in the mid-80s and lows in the 60s. Mild winds will last through the weekend.
Check out the latest edition of The Weekender, our newly-redesigned Lifestyle & Entertainment Guide HERE
Also check out our July-August edition of Senior Scene, a publication for seniors and their families. HERE
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's boar of directors will meet at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 20 at the district headquarters, 490 West "D" St.
• In Stallion Springs, the board of directors will hold its monthly meeting tonight at 6 in the Community Center, 27800 Stallion Springs Dr. The new chief, Michael Grant, will be sworn in.
• Directors from the Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District will met at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 21, at the disrtrict headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors will meet in the Golden Hills Community Services District building, 21415 Reeves St. on Wednesday, Aug. 21. Closed session begins at 6 p.m. and the open session is at 6:30 p.m.
• There will be a pre-proposal meeting to explain the process of the Golden Hills Solid Waste Collection Request for Proposal at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 21 at the Golden Hills CSD building, 21415 Reeves St. The public is welcome to attend the meeting, which is mandatory for all potential bidders.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
• Football – Varsity/Jayvee/Frosh at South-Bakersfield (Scrimmage) on Friday, Aug. 23. Jayvee/Frosh at 5 p.m. and Varsity at 7 p.m.
• Volleyball — Varsity/Jayvee/Frosh at Mira Monte (Scrimmage) on Wednesday, Aug. 21 and vs. BCHS at home on Thursday, Aug. 22. First matches start at 4 p.m.
• Girls Tennis — Varsity (away) and Jayvee (home) on Tuesday, Aug 20 vs. BCHS and on Thursday, Aug. 22 vs. Taft. Matches start at 4 p.m.
• Cross Country — Varsity/Jayvee at home/Brite Lake for the “Beat the Heat” meet on Wednesday, Aug 21. First race starts at 3:30 p.m.
• Girls Golf — Varsity at home/Horse Thief Country Club – Stallion Springs for the Tehachapi Invitational on Thursday, Aug 22. Tee off is at 11 a.m.
LATEST OBITUARIES & DEATH NOTICES
None since Monday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Wednesday, Aug. 21.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org