© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for July 11, 2014:
The latest news - Tehachapi's city council on Monday, July 7 finalized a repeal of a local ordinance in order to stave off potential lawsuits. City Attorney Tom Schroeter, in his report, recommended the council repeal an ordinance adopted in 2010 that was a stricter... .HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Thursday, July 10, 2014
6:53 a.m. Trespassing, occurred at The Village Apartments on North Mill Street. Subject sleeping in the laundry room. Reporting party is the manager and subject does not live in the complex. Disposition: Advised.
8:34 a.m. Keep the peace, occurred on South Mill Street. Requesting assistance to retrieve clothes from residence, woman in house will not let her in. Mill/Brentwood. Disposition: Assignment completed.
8:38 a.m. Hit and run property, occurred at Sage Avenue/Highway 202. Red pickup with silver grill hit the reporting party's vehicle. CHP advised. Vehicle was last seen south on Sage going towards cherry Lane. Disposition: Turn over to .
9:04 a.m. Disable vehicle, officer initiated activity at East Tehachapi Boulevard/South Green Street. Disposition: Information only.
9:55 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Beech Street. Disposition: Arrest made.
10:14 a.m. Unauthorized use of personal information, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department. Make contact at the counter. Disposition: No further action required .
10:48 a.m. Burglary report, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Disposition: Report taken.
12:56 p.m. Health and safety, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Regarding info on subjects. Disposition: Advised.
12:59 p.m. Burglary alarm, occurred on South Snyder Avenue. Covers tech lab door, no response and nothing heard inside. Disposition: Checks OK.
13:29 p.m. Information only, occurred on Black Oak Drive. Runaway home now. Disposition: No further action required.
4:11 p.m. Assist other agencies, occurred at Tehachapi Hospital on West "E" Street. Sent over by doctor, thinks being abused by spouse but patient has dementia. Disposition: Unfounded.
4:13 p.m. Follow up, officer initiated activity at East Tehachapi Boulevard. Lost property. Disposition: Information only.
4:50 p.m. Auto accident, no injuries/property, occurred at Red Apple Avenue/Tucker Road. Gold GMC and blue Nissan blocking roadway. Medical aide en route, unknown on injuries. Disposition: Report taken.
6:03 p.m. Keep the peace, occurred East Tehachapi Boulevard. Reporting party requesting keep the peace while attempting to serve DRO. Disposition: No further action required .
6:28 p.m. Disturbing the peace, officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Checks OK.
6:38 p.m. Subpoena service attempt, officer initiated activity at Santa Maria Drive. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:31 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on Cherry Lane. Male and female. Reporting party is on stand by outside the residence with eight children of the residence. Disposition: Report taken.
11:24 p.m. Pedestrian check, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department, West "C" Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:33 p.m. Pedestrian check, officer initiated activity at South Mill Street/West Valley Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made, under the influence.
Bear Valley Police Department: Data unavailable at this time.
Kern County Sheriff's Department: Between July 10 and the morning of July 11, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 12 calls for service, including: seven out for investigations, a subject stop on Santa Barbara Dive/Santa Lucia Street in Golden Hills, a subject stop on Westwood Boulevard/Woodford Tehachapi Road in Golden Hills, a 9-1-1 call on El Rancho Drive in Bear Valley, and a theft on Golden Star Boulevard in Golden Hills.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 84. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 59. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 88. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 94. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast in the morning.
Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Relay for Life will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 12 through Sunday, July 13 at the coy Burnett Stadium on Tehachapi Boulevard, east of Synder Avenue. All proceeds will go to help find a cure for cancer. For more information, call Lynda at 823-7525.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, July 17, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St.
• Six area restaurants will be dishing out dinner at the Tehachapi Mountain Brew and Grill Fest to be held on Saturday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Benz Visco Sports Park in Tehachapi.
Tickets and more information are available at: TehachapiBrew.com.
• HEARTS Connection will host the following events: Sensory Story time at the Tehachapi Public Library, Saturday, July 19, at 10 a.m.; Tehachapi Mothers of Special Needs park day with the kids, Friday, July 25, at noon, at Central Park; and Free EP Workshop for parents, Saturday, Aug. 23. For more information, call 328-9055.
• Annual Oldtimers Picnic will be held Sunday, Aug. 3, beginning at 11 a.m., in Central Park.
• The Salvation Army will host its annual Back to School Drive on Thursday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 538 E. Tehachapi Blvd. Donations of new and gently used, clean clothing for school age children are being sought in support of the drive. Sponsorships are also needed to help local children purchase shoes for $20. Families in need of assistance can call 823-9508 for information on how to apply.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's board of directors meets at 5:30 p.m. on July 15 at 490 West "D" St.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water Distrit board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on July 16 at the water district, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Golden Hills Community Service District's board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on July 17 at 21415 Reeves Street.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published on July 14, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org