© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for July 14, 2014:
The latest news - Acceptance of a revised environmental impact report for the proposed Walmart in the city of Tehachapi was pushed back by another court date following a case management conference on July 11. Judge Kenneth C. Twisselman agreed to a... .HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Friday, July 11, 2014
12:26 a.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred at West "F" Street/South Mill Street. Physical, just occurred, subjects walking on foot. Reporting party unable to see subjects. Can Hear a female screaming "stop hitting me," possibly located near the Hall Ambulance building. Disposition: Unable to locate.
12:47 a.m. Battery, occurred at Mulberry Villa Apartments on West "E" Street. Occurred approximately 20 minutes ago, possibly related to the 415 verbal near Hall Ambulance. Reporting party claiming her daughter was punched in the chest by an adult female. Disposition: Report taken.
2:32 a.m. Pedestrian check, officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard. Two skate borders. Disposition: Advised.
3:40 a.m. Suspicious person, occurred at Oakwood Street/West Valley Boulevard. Male juvenile walking up and down on street, last seen on Oakwood toward Valley wearing red shirt and jeans. Disposition: Gone on arrival.
5:11 a.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on Cherry Lane. Male/female verbal at this time, female is attempting to leave with children. Disposition: Advised.
9:08 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at South Green Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
11:41 a.m. Auto accident, no injuries/property, occurred on Tucker Road. Bright green Camero at east entrance by gas stations, white Jeep Cherokee. Disposition: Information only.
12:03 p.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Cavalier Court. Disposition: Negative contact.
12:27 p.m. Counter at the police department, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Regarding illegal vendor. Disposition: Information only.
12:47 p.m. Welfare check request, occurred on Hickory Avenue. Diabetic having problems last two days and not answering phone. Disposition: No further action required.
1:38 p.m. Suspicious person, occurred on Fig Drive. Two juveniles on bikes, one wearing a grey shirt, one wearing a blue shirt, both heavy set approximately 15 years old. Subjects keep looking in reporting party's garage and neighbor's garage. Disposition: Negative contact.
2:22 p.m. See the woman, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Regarding a possible health and safety activity with a video. Disposition: Information only.
2:38 p.m. Peace disturbance music occurred at Cherry Lane Apartments on Cherry Lane. Ongoing problem. Disposition: Advised.
3:16 p.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made, warrant.
3:51 p.m. Welfare check request, occurred on Wild Olive Drive. Son threatening to kill reporting party and saying he wants to kill himself over phone. Son is schizophrenic and has access to knifes. Disposition: Arrest made.
5:56 p.m. Counter at police department, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department, West "C" Street. Child custody. Disposition: Civil problem.
6:48 p.m. Suspicious person, occurred at Kmart on West Tehachapi Boulevard. White male, mid 30s/early 40s, brown hair, beard, white t-shirt pulled up over belly. Has been in parking lot for approximately four hours, approaching customer in cars. Disposition: No criminal activity.
8:16 p.m. Peace disturbance, music, occurred on South Curry Street. Disposition: Checks OK, licensed event.
10:02 p.m. Suspicious activity, occurred at Tucker Road/West Valley Boulevard. Unknown vehicle following reporting party for approximately Tucker Road toward Albertsons.
Disposition: Checks OK.
11:37 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred on Black Oak Drive. Peace disturbance, party at east corner house. Disposition: Unfounded.
Saturday, July 12, 2014
6:35 a.m. Unknown situation, occurred at South Dennison Road/Braveman Street. Three guys in black pickup, stole something from over a fence, heading north on Dennison right. Disposition: Turn over to.
7:46 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Tucker Road. Disposition: Negative contact.
7:59 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Carroll Way. Disposition: Negative contact.
9:01 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Beech Street. Disposition: No further action required.
9:21 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Canyon Drive East. Disposition: Assignment completed.
9:38 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at East Sutter Street. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:11 a.m. Follow up, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Police Department, West "C" Street.Theft investigation. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:49 a.m. Warrant service, officer initiated activity at Cavalier Court. Disposition: No further action required.
1:41 p.m. Drunk in public, occurred on Maple Street. Underage drinking alcohol at residence, two or three people between 18 and 19 years old. Disposition: Unfounded.
2:27 p.m. Counter at the police department, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. 48-hour protective order. Disposition: Advised.
4:20 p.m. Counter at the police department, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Sitting on steps, wants to talk to officer about a mentally unstable call. Disposition: Advised.
5:03 p.m. Peace disturbance music, occurred at West "D" Street/South Mill St. Might be in apartments in Almond Court, sounds like a live band. Disposition: No criminal activity.
6:39 p.m. Flag down, officer initiated activity at Central Park, East "D" Street. Motorcyclist in park. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:40 p.m. Flag down, officer initiated activity at Central Park, East "D" Street. Loose dog in area. Disposition: Assignment completed.
7:13 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred at Tehachapi Police Department on West "C" Street. Reporting party requested an protective order from her ex, who just got out of jail. Female will be in front of PD. Disposition: Assignment completed.
9 p.m. Peace disturbance music, occurred on West "D" Street. Loud music/party across from West Park, possible coming from the senior homes. Disposition: Checks OK.
11:19 p.m. Disturbing the peace, occurred at Activity Center on West "D" Street. Requesting assistance for underage drinking, fighting. Disposition: Report Taken.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Sunday, July 13, 2014
3:14 a.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Greenwater Drive. Barking dog. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
5:01 a.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on Serra Place. Barking dog. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
9:46 a.m. Snake, occurred on Serra Place. Snake. Disposition: Turn over to.
12:28 p.m. Animal call, occurred on Highway 202, cow caught in barb a wire fence.
Bear Valley transfer caller to CHP. Disposition: Turn over to.
1:23 p.m. Keep the peace, occurred on Bear Valley Road. Reporting party wants to retrieve her car. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:14 p.m. Auto accident, minor injuries, occurred at Banducci Road/Alps Drive.
Reporting party heard what sounded like a car crash from her property. Could hear skidding/see dust. Disposition: Assisted.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between July 11 and the morning of July 12, the Kern County Sheriff's Office received 30 calls for service including: a suspicious individual on Sierra Vista Drive in Golden Hills, a verbal peace disturbance on Eagle Way in Golden Hills, burglary investigation on Jury Ranch Drive, a trespassing call on Valley Boulevard in Golden Hills, a malicious mischief on Bertram Circle, a patrol check on Park Road at Golden Hills Elementary, a patrol check on Alps Drive in Alpine Forest, a patrol check on South Street, a suspicious person on Sierra Ave/Madre Street in Golden Hills, a patrol check on Lily Court/Westwood Boulevard in Golden Hills, a suspicious person on Woodford Tehachapi Road in Golden Hills, a loud music call on Mar Vista Place in Golden Hills, and a suspicious circumstances on Dennison Road/Braverman Street.
Between July 12 and the morning of July 13, KCSO responded to 20 calls for service, including a peace disturbance investigation on Cherry Lane, a patrol check on Stroope Court/Sears Drive in Golden Hills, a burglary investigation on South Street at Old Town South Plaza, a patrol check at Brite Lake, a loud music call on Copper Drive in Golden Hills, a 9-1-1 call on Highway 58 West, and a burglary alarm on Pam Court in Golden Hills.
Between July 13 and the morning of July 14, KCSO responded to a patrol check on Dennison Road/Braverman Street, a patrol check on Stroope Court/Sears Drive in Golden Hills, a shots hear on George Street/Hihgline Road, a grand theft investigation on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, and a patrol check at Tehachapi Mountain Park.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 93. South southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11 pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 am. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 62. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, July 17, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St.
• Six area restaurants will be dishing out dinner at the Tehachapi Mountain Brew and Grill Fest to be held on Saturday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Benz Visco Sports Park in Tehachapi.
Tickets and more information are available at: TehachapiBrew.com.
• HEARTS Connection will host the following events: Sensory Story time at the Tehachapi Public Library, Saturday, July 19, at 10 a.m.; Tehachapi Mothers of Special Needs park day with the kids, Friday, July 25, at noon, at Central Park; and Free EP Workshop for parents, Saturday, Aug. 23. For more information, call 328-9055.
• Annual Oldtimers Picnic will be held Sunday, Aug. 3, beginning at 11 a.m., in Central Park.
• The Salvation Army will host its annual Back to School Drive on Thursday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 538 E. Tehachapi Blvd. Donations of new and gently used, clean clothing for school age children are being sought in support of the drive. Sponsorships are also needed to help local children purchase shoes for $20. Families in need of assistance can call 823-9508 for information on how to apply.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District's board of directors meets at 5:30 p.m. on July 15 at 490 West "D" St.
• Stallion Springs Community Service District board of directors meets at 6 p.m. on July 15, at 27800 Stallion Springs Drive.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water Distrit board of directors meets at 4 p.m. on July 16 at the water district, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Golden Hills Community Service District's board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on July 17 at 21415 Reeves Street.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published on July 15, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com