© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for July 17, 2014:
The latest news - Golden Hills residents voiced their opinions on July 9 when the community's board of directors held a special meeting regarding a privately-run sewer system and wastewater treatment facility.... .HERE
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department: Data unavailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
12:24 a.m. Animal call, occurred on El Rancho Drive. Bear removed the screen from the downstairs front door. Disposition: Information only.
1:15 a.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at Bear Valley Road/North Frontage Road. Disposition: Warning.
6:15 a.m. Vicious, barking, biting, etc, occurred on San Juan Drive. Barking dog. Disposition: Quiet on departure.
10:24 a.m. Lost property, occurred at Four Island Lake on Pinedale Drive. Lost Dodge keys with automatic opener. Disposition: Information only.
12:14 p.m. Burglary alarm, occurred on Springwood Court. End of street, two vehicles with multiple subjects seen unloading property from inside to outside. Disposition: Checks OK.
1:20 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred at baseball field on North Lower Valley Road. No. 3 shed is wide open with equipment, reporting party will standing by in a yellow Ford Escape until secured. Disposition: Turn over to.
4:20 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Hart Drive/Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
6:28 p.m. Animal call, occurred on Serra Place. Large female bear (250-300 pounds) headed toward the wash behind Serra Place that drains from Jacaranda Drive. Disposition: Information only.
7:21 p.m. Animal call, occurred at Grier Enterprises on Serra Place. Bear going through her trash/ she stated that her dog just scared it off and it went back up.
Kern County Sheriff's Department:
Between July 16 and the morning of July 17, the Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 12 calls for service, including: check the welfare request on Del Dio Way in Golden Hills, an out for investigation on Tehachapi Willow Springs Drive, a suspicious person on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a traffic stop on Banducci Road/Stallion Springs Drive, a verbal peace disturbance on Bertram Circle, a trespassing investigation on Country Canyon Road in Sand Canyon, a suspicious person on Basil Drive in Alpine Forest, and a suspicious vehicle on White Pine Drive at Golden Highlands in Golden Hills.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 82. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
• The Tehachapi Diabetes Support Group will meet Thursday, July 17, at 10 a.m., at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, located at 329 S. Mill St.
• Six area restaurants will be dishing out dinner at the Tehachapi Mountain Brew and Grill Fest to be held on Saturday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Benz Visco Sports Park in Tehachapi.
Tickets and more information are available at: TehachapiBrew.com.
• HEARTS Connection will host the following events: Sensory Story time at the Tehachapi Public Library, Saturday, July 19, at 10 a.m.; Tehachapi Mothers of Special Needs park day with the kids, Friday, July 25, at noon, at Central Park; and Free EP Workshop for parents, Saturday, Aug. 23. For more information, call 328-9055.
• Narcotics Anonymous will meet Saturday, July 26, at 3:30 p.m., at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. The event will feature a guest speaker and free hot dogs. Bring drinks or chips or just attend. For more information, call Marc at 750-1917.
• Annual Oldtimers Picnic will be held Sunday, Aug. 3, beginning at 11 a.m., in Central Park.
• Cerro Coso Community College will host Information Day on Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Tehachapi Unified School District office, located at 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Salvation Army will host its annual Back to School Drive on Thursday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 538 E. Tehachapi Blvd. Donations of new and gently used, clean clothing for school age children are being sought in support of the drive. Sponsorships are also needed to help local children purchase shoes for $20. Families in need of assistance can call 823-9508 for information on how to apply.
• Cheers to Charity to be held Aug. 9 at Veritas.
• Annual Chalk on the Walk to be held Aug. 9.
• Have a Heart Humane Society will offer a low cost spay/neuter vaccination clinic Saturday, Aug. 9. Reservations can be made at Radio Shack on Saturday, July 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. No phone calls or emails please. Cost is $25 for dogs and $20 for cats.
• The Tehachapi Friends of the NRA will host a dinner and auction Saturday, Aug. 9, beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Festial will be held at the corner of Robinson and “D” Streets across from the Tehachapi Unified School District offices. Carnival hours are Friday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, Aug. 17, from noon to 8 p.m. Presale tickets at a reduced price are available at the Chamber office.
• Tehachapi Mountain Rodeo Association will present the Junior Rodeo July 19 and 20 and the PRCA Rodeo Aug. 15 and 16. For more information, visit the website at tehachapiprorodeo.com.
• The Tehachapi Valley Gem and Mineral Society will host a lapidary show at the Mountain Festival: Aug. 16 and 17, at the St. Malachy Church grounds.
• The 17th Annual Thunder on the Mountain Car and Truck Show will be held on Sunday, Aug. 17, at the intersection of Green and “F” Streets. Over 300 classic, vintage and hi-performance cars and trucks will start arriving at 6 a.m. Show hours are 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with the band “Denim” rocking from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry fee to have a vehicle in the show is $35, with no charge to visitors of the show. For information and registration forms, visit the website thunderonthemountain.net or call 821-0055.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water Distrit board of directors has called a special meeting at 9 a.m. on July 19 at the water district, 22901 Banducci Road.
• Golden Hills Community Service District's board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on July 17 at 21415 Reeves Street.
• Tehachapi City Council meets at 6 p.m. on July 21 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson Street.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District meets at 6 p.m. on July 23 at the Golden Hills Community Services District, 21415 Reeves Stret.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries today.
The next News@Noon will be published on July 18, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org