© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 18, 2014:
The latest news - City Council voted to award a bid for the Challenger Drive Extension Project to Cooley Construction Inc. in the amount of $1,663,551.80 at last night's meeting. More information will printed in next week's publication.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 17, 2014
10:10 a.m. Accident with no details. Officer initiated activity at Westbound Lane Overpass, Highway 58. Disposition: Assisted.
12:23 p.m. School resource duty. Officer initiated activity at Jacobsen Middle School. Disposition: Checks Ok.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
March 17, 2014
5:03 a.m. Peace disturbance music. Occurred on Plateau Court. Loud Music. Disposition: Advised.
8:48 a.m. Extra patrol. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary. Disposition: Assignment completed.
10:20 a.m. Follow up. Officer initiated activity at Oakflat Drive. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 17 and the morning of March 18, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 17 incidents, including a grand theft auto on Tehachapi Boulevard, a petty theft investigation on Santa Barbara Drive and Park Road, a brandishing a weapon investigation on Santa Barbara Drive, and a violation of a restraining order investigation on Santa Barbara Drive.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. East wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 64. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
• A Night in the Limelight, Evening of the Arts, is taking place in the Tehachapi High School gymnasium at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday March 20. The public is welcome. Seats are $8 at the door. Children under 5 years old get in free.
• Ernest Troost is playing at Fiddlers Crossing at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 21. All seats are $20.
• Beyond Sight, a surfing movie with a Christian message, is playing at 4 and 7 p.m. at the Hitching Post Theatre on Thursday, March 20. Tickets are $5 for the matinee showing, and $7 for the evening viewing.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District's next board meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 18, at the district's headquarters on 490 W. "D" Street.
• The Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District's next board meeting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19, at the district's headquarters, 22901 Banducci Road.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District's next board meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 20, at the district's headquarters, 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee vs. Delano at home (3:30 p.m.) on Tuesday, Mar. 25.
Softball – Jayvee vs. Trona Varsity at home (4 p.m.) on Wednesday, Mar. 19. Varsity at Wasco Tourney (3 p.m.) on Thursday-Saturday, Mar. 20-22. Varsity/Jayvee vs. Rosamond at home (4 p.m.) on Monday, Mar. 24.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at South (4 p.m.) at McMurtrey Aquatic Center – Bakersfield on Thursday, Mar. 20.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Frontier Frosh-Soph Relays (4 p.m.) at Liberty HS on Friday, Mar. 21.
Tennis – Varsity at North and Jayvee vs. North at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, Mar. 20. Varsity vs. Foothill at home and Jayvee at Foothill (3:30 p.m.) on Tuesday, Mar. 25.
Golf – Golf at Taft – Buena Vista Country Club (1 p.m.) on Monday, Mar. 24.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICESNone since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Wednesday, March 19.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org