© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 21, 2014:
The latest news - The Kern County's coroner's office released the official cause of death for Robert Limon, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway worker who was found dead on Aug. 17....Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 21, 2014
8:42 a.m. Police 9-1-1. Occurred on El Rancho Drive. Cellular 911 Call: Pocket call.
1:04 p.m. Snake. Occurred on Contrada Lane. Reporting party caught a snake and wants to know if the snake person will pick it up. Disposition: Turn over to.
1:10 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Pinedale Drive/Jamaica Dunes Drive. Two juveniles on a trampoline in the middle of roadway near the golf course. Disposition: Unable to locate.
1:37 p.m. Flag down. Officer initiated activity at Pinedale Drive/Lower Valley Road. Disposition: No further action required.
2:11 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on North Lower Valley Road. Barking dogs, small and medium dogs. One bull dog and one border collie. Disposition: Advised.
3:10 p.m. Major traffic accident. Occurred on Highway. Fender bender, no description of vehicie. Disposition: Turn over to.
4:01 p.m. Traffic hazard. Occurred at Pinedale Drive/South Lower Valley Road. Beige SUV with unknown plate is throwing fireworks out of vehicle near the Four Island Lake. Disposition: Unable to locate.
6:10 p.m. Attempt to contact. Officer initiated activity. CSD Shop, South Lower Valley Road. Disposition: Information Only.
11:35 p.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred at Pinedale Drive/Lower Valley Road. Barking dog for the last couple of days. Disposition: Unable to locate.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Data unavailable at this time.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 59. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
• Family Life Pregnancy Center is selling tickets for the Barrel for Life drawing, to be held during the Evening for Life dinner/auction on Aug. 22. The drawing will be for half a wine barrel full of four to five cases of wine of mixed varieties, with an estimated value of $800. Tickets can be purchased at the Center, located at 112 S. Curry St.
• The Tehachapi Praying Moms will be sponsoring a free min-retreat for all women in Tehachapi Saturday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. The retreat will be held at the Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. Space will be limited, so reserve a spot by calling 827-7601.
• Narcotics Anonymous will host a barbecue Saturday, Aug. 23, at 3:30 p.m. The event will then feature a guest speaker at 4 p.m. Hot dogs are free, bring drinks or chips or just yourself. The event will be held at Christian Life Assembly, located at 920 W. Valley Blvd. For information, call Marc at 750-1917.
• A group of Free and Accepted Masons will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road. Free Masons, Sojourners and anyone wishing to learn about the fraternity are invited to attend. Topic will be the rich history of Free Masonry in Tehachapi over the past 120 years. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21 at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
• Tehachapi Unified School District board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 26 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• Tehahcapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 at the Golden Hills CSD office, 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
No new obituaries.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 22, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org