© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Aug. 26, 2014:
The latest news - One of Tehachapi's iconic energy icons traded hands in a major transaction that completed on Aug. 12. Terra-Gen Power announced the sale of the Alta Wind project on June 6 to New Jersey-based company NRG Yield, Inc. NRG Yield confirmed the purchase had been completed on Aug. 12. Here
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Data unvailable at this time.
Bear Valley Police Department:
Aug. 25, 2014
3:53 a.m. Animal call, occurred at CSD Dump on South Lower Valley Road. Subject in a truck chasing elk near the dump. Disposition: Unable to locate.
10:28 a.m. Welfare check request, occurred at U.S. Post Office, Tehachapi on Voyager Drive. Check on juvenile inside a van in the parking lot of the post office. Disposition: No further action required.
11:29 a.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Dog House Saloon, West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Information only.
12:54 p.m. Out for investigation, officer initiated activity at Deertrail Drive. Open door. Disposition: Assignment completed.
1:49 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred at Jacaranda Drive/Territory Way. Plastic chemical smell coming from the area. Disposition: Unable to locate.
2:40 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, Officer initiated activity at Greenwater Drive. Water leak coming from residence. Disposition: Checks OK.
Kern County Sheriff's Office:
Between the Aug. 25 and the morning of Aug. 26, Kern County Sheriff's Office responded to 17 calls for service, including a patrol check at Golden Hills Elementary, a check the welfare call on Brian Way in Golden Hills, a patrol check on South Street, a 9-1-1 call on Highway 58, a out for investigation on Golden Hills Boulevard in Golden Hills, a peace disturbance on Mesa Drive in Golden Hills, a 9-1-1 call on Highway 58, a suspicious individual on White Oak Avenue in Golden Hills, a check the welfare call on Golden Star Boulevard/Copper Drive in Golden Hills, a 9-1-1 cal on Pauley Street/West "D" Street in Tehachapi, an ambulance request on La Barranca Avenue, a health and safety cal on Cherry Lane, a 9-1-1 call on El Rancho Drive in Bear Valley, and traffic stop on Highway 58/Highway 202.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 86. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Wednesday night: Clear, with a low around 59. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
• A group of Free and Accepted Masons will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Center, located at 24309 Cummings Valley Road. Free Masons, Sojourners and anyone wishing to learn about the fraternity are invited to attend. Topic will be the rich history of Free Masonry in Tehachapi over the past 120 years. For more information, call Royal Mink at 821-1015.
• The Tehachapi Mountain Quilt Guild's next meeting is Monday, Sept. 8, at 9:30 a.m., at the Bear Valley Church hall, located at 26180 Plateau Way. Any and all quilters and those interested in quilting are invited to attend. Quilters should also mark their calendars for the upcoming rummage sale to be held on Saturday, Oct. 4. More details will be available as the date gets closer.
• Tehachapi Unified School District board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. on Aug. 26 at the Claude L. Wells Education Center, 300 South Robinson St.
• Tehahcapi Valley Healthcare District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 at the Golden Hills CSD office, 21415 Reeves St.
• Bear Valley Community Services District board of directors will meet at 6 p.m. on Aug. 28 at the district office, 28999 South Lower Valley Road.
• Tehachapi City Council will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Center, 300 South Robinson St. Sept. 1 is Labor Day.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District board of directors will meet for a special budget meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, at the district office 21415 Reeves St.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICE
No new notices today.
The next News@Noon will be published on Aug. 27, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com