The downtown "First Friday" Art Walk will be held May 2, from 5 to 8 p.m. A number of downtown shops and restaurants will be open, many offering refreshments and entertainment. All are welcome to attend this free event.
* Tehachapi Treasure Trove -- Featured artist will be Sachiko Shiratsu Beaudin, from 5 to 8 p.m. Music will be provided by Art Larsen on clarinet, and refreshments will be served. Located at 116 E. Tehachapi Blvd.
* Gallery 'n' Gifts -- The Tehachapi Fiber Frogs will be featured for the month of May, with a reception in their honor to be held from 5 to 8 p.m. What is a Fiber Frog, one might ask? Affectionately known as Tehachapi's Fiber Frogs, a group formed a couple of years ago as an exploration project. Owned and operated by the Tehachapi Valley Arts Association, the gallery is located a 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. For information call 822-6062.
* Tehachapi Museum -- The museum will featurte multiple exhibits, including four baskets made by Refugia Williams made with Kawaiisu coiled construction, in the Milano Gallery; the Fickert family of Bear Valley; Dr. Terry Warsaw's collection of marbles; and pottery made by Hazel Kanstein. The museum is located at 310 S. Green St. Call 822-8152.
* Oak Tree Art, Antiques, Etc. will feature new paintings from 4 to 8 p.m. Refreshments will be served along with hospitality and a musician. Oak Tree is located at 102 W. Tehachapi Blvd.
* Fiddlers Crossing will feature a concert by Chuck Pyle, the "Zen Cowboy." Concert begins at 7 p.m., doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20. Call 823-9994.
* Jude's Anglican Church -- Violinist Molly Sponsler will perform Monti's Czardas with the Tehachapi Strings Orchestra, under the direction of Gayel Pitchford, at 7 p.m. Call Pitchford at 823-8249.
* The Tehachapi Christian Store -- Free concert from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sion, a local Christian praise band will be performing. The band consists of local high school students J.T. Tetreault, Joe Jones, John Torres, and one of the worship leaders from Shepard of the Hills church, Dan Garness. They will be doing contemporary praise music and hymns. Refreshments will be served.