© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Jan. 13, 2014:
The latest news - A "Grab and Run" burglary took place at around 5 p.m. on Jan. 12 at a local AT&T store, 695 Tucker Road, in which several high tech devices were stolen, according to the Tehachapi Police Department. The TPD identified the unknown suspects as three black males. They fled on foot, but video surveillance shows them entering a white Pontiac Grand Prix with unknown plates. The suspects are described in their 20s and were seen wearing dark colored clothing, hoodies and jeans. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Detective Denise Brown of the TPD at 822-2222 ext. 106.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Jan. 11, 2014
4:59 p.m. Burglary; inhabited. Occurred at Oceanview Wireless on Tucker Rd. 3 black males in their 20s took all phones and ipads, no weapons seen one in gray sweatshirt, gray checkered boxers, all wearing jeans, left southbound toward Albertsons on foot. Disposition: Report Taken.
Jan. 12, 2014
11:30 a.m. Vicious, barking, bite, etc. Occurred on Maple St, Tehachap. Reporting person refuses to give his location or phone # requesting officer make contact with dog owners at the Maple address the dogs are barking constantly waking his small child. Disposition: Advised.
12:29 p.m. Burglary report. Occurred at Sears on Tucker Road. Service Class: BUSN/ one of the storage bins in the back / lock was broken/ sometime during the night / also the back window of the Sears delivery truck parked in the back of the store was broken. Disposition: Report Taken.
Jan. 13, 2014
3:28 a.m. Suspicious Circumstances. Occurred on Paramount Drive. Lights came on in a vacant home Disposition: Checks Ok.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Jan. 12, 2014
2:59 p.m. Suspicious person. Occurred on Timberline Way. White male adult, last seen wearing blue jeans with a grey hoodie is muddy and disoriented and is now walking back up Timberline towards Pinedale. Second reporting person/ He knocked on the door asking for a water and said he was just passing through Disposition: Assignment Completed.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Nothing reported.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy, with an east wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 36. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tuesday Night: Clear, with a low around 37. Breezy, with an east wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• TCT is performing "Cemetery Club" at the Beekay Theater Jan. 16 through Jan. 19. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening shows start at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinee is at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10.
• Wine pairing dinner at Don Juan’s Latin Grill, featuring wines of Opolo Vineyards. Saturday, Jan. 18. Fundraiser for Rotary of Tehachapi. Tickets: $70. Information call: 818-519-7144
• Fiddlers Crossing: Amber Cross, Old time/country/folk, Saturday, Jan. 25, 7 p.m. $20.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission's meeting set for Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St. has been adjourned, due to a lack of agenda items, to Monday, Feb. 10.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District's regular board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Golden Hills Community Services District headquarters on 21415 Reeves St. has been cancelled.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the GHCSD headquarters on 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEKWrestling – SEYL Dual Meet vs. Highland (6 p.m.) at home - THS gym on Wednesday, Jan. 15. California Invitational-Morro Bay Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 17-18. SEYL Dual Meet at North (6 p.m.) next Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) vs. East at home - THS gym next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (4 p.m.) at Golden Valley (GV Tourney Championship Game) on Thursday, Jan. 16. Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at East next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Garces at home - Coy Burnett Field on Thursday, Jan. 16 and vs. East at home – Coy Burnett Field next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at Garces on Thursday, Jan. 16 and at East next Tuesday, Jan. 21.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org