© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for May 14, 2014:
The latest news - Tehachapi High School baseball coach Chris Olofson remains hospitalized at Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield after being struck in the head by a line drive during Tuesday's Division III playoff game between the Warriors and Highland.... HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
May 13, 2014
1:33 a.m. Traffic stop, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi Willow Springs Road/Highline Road. Paper plates. Disposition: Arrest made.
7:17 a.m. Auto Accident — no injuries/property, officer initiated activity at Elm Street and West Valley Boulevard. Disposition: Report taken.
7:27 a.m. Grand theft report, occurred on Tucker Road. Grand theft of copper and equipment at the new O'Reilly Auto Parts next to the Bank of West on new construction site. Disposition: Report taken.
8:21 a.m. Welfare check request, officer initiated activity at Valley Blvd. Disposition: Assisted.
11:37 a.m. Peace disturbance verbal, occurred on West "E" Street. Ex-husband is outside her door and will not leave. Disposition: Advised.
1:09 p.m. Assault report, officer initiated activity at Tehachapi High School, South Dennison Road. Disposition: Report Taken.
2:24 p.m. Reckless driving, occurred at Highway 58. Vehicle swerving all over at speeds of 75-plus mph. Disposition: Information only.
3:13 p.m. Health and Safety, occurred at Skate Park on West "D" Street. Large group of juveniles inside the skate park near the corner smoking tobacco. Disposition: Advised.
3:39 p.m. Auto accident — no injuries/property, occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Accident occurred in parking lot. Victim requesting police assistance for info exchange. Language barrier over telephone, will be standing by with the cashier. Disposition: No further action required.
4:17 p.m. Petty theft report, officer initiated activity at Love's Truck Stop, East Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Report taken.
6:02 p.m. Auto accident — no injuries/property, occurred at Love's Truck Stop on East Tehachapi Boulevard. Two vehicle accident, black Toyota versus Dodge truck in the parking lot. Disposition: Report taken.
10:38 p.m. Citizen requested assistance, occurred at The Village Apartments on North Mill Street. Requesting officer contact/counsel regarding past occurred at approximately 5 p.m, verbal disturbance of the peace. Disposition: No further action required.
11:07 p.m. Suspicious circumstances, occurred on Cherry Lane. Male subject attempting to enter reporting party's residence. Disposition: Arrest made.
Bear Springs Valley Police Department: Information unavailable at this time
Kern County Sheriff's Office
Between Tuesday, May 13, and the morning of Wednesday, May 14, the Kern County Sheriff's Office answered 18 calls, including a child endangerment call on South Street, a narcotics call on Mariposa Road and Country Club Drive, trespassing on Water Canyon Road, and two peace disturbances, one on Golden Hills Boulevard and the other on Santa Barbara Drive.
Stallion Springs: Nothing to report.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing to report.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 81. Breezy, with an east wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 56. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the evening.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 86. East wind around 5 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
• The Inaugural Healing Horses & Armed Forces will celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday, May 17, from at 3 to 6 p.m., at the Souza Family Vineyard, located at 26877 Cummings Valley Road in Tehachapi.
• The Friends of the Tehachapi Library will host a big book sale event Wednesday, May 14, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, May 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Tehachapi Heritage League is sponsoring "Kids Day at the Museum" at the Tehachapi Museum in conjunction with National Museum Day on May 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The eight annual Combat Hapkido self-defense seminar for men, women and teens ages 13 and up will be held Saturday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Tehachapi Martial Arts Center, located at 20418 Brian Way, Suite 6.
• The Tehachapi Martial Arts Center will host the Defense Against a Bully class Friday, May 16, from 5 to 6 p.m.
• The Arts, Science & Technology Education Corporation of Tehachapi (AST) is sponsoring the 2014 Tehachapi Intermediate Space Challenge for Tehachapi 4th and 5th graders at the Tehachapi Municipal Airport on May 21, from 10 a.m. To 12:30 p.m.
• Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Park District will present the Tehachapi Memorial Day Ceremony and Parade on May 26, at 10:15 a.m. The line up begins at 9 a.m. at Kmart and the parade finishes at Philip Marx Park, Mojave and "D" Street.
• The Catholic Daughters will be holding their Spring Rummage sale on Friday, May 30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday, May 31, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in McMullan Hall at St. Malachy Catholic Church, located at 407 W. "E" St.
• Smart Growth-Tehachapi Valley will host a special water meeting, "Our Water Situation," Saturday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the Moose Lodge, located at the corner "F" and Curry Streets.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity in CIF Division III playoffs at Hoover on Thursday, May 16. Game will start at 4 p.m.
Softball – Varsity in CIF Division III playoffs vs. Golden Valley at home on Wednesday, May 14. Winner to play at Hanford on Friday, May 16. Games will start at 4 p.m.
Track and Field – Varsity at South Area Championships (Liberty HS) on Wednesday, May 14. First event starts at 4:30 p.m.
Swimming – Varsity at CIF Division I Championships at Clovis North High School on Friday-Saturday, May 16-17.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None reported today
The next News@Noon will be published on May 15, 2014.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com
This version corrects previous errors. We apologize for those errors.