© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Feb. 13, 2014:
The latest news - The Kern County Animal Services shelters in Mojave, Lake Isabella, and Bakersfield are reducing pet adoption rates for the Valentine's Day Special Adoption Event this weekend. Dog adoption fees, which are normally $75 and $85, have been reduced to $20. Cat adoption fees, which are normally $40 and $50, have been reduced to $10. Read more HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Feb. 12, 2014
1:13 p.m. Pedestrian check. Officer initiated activity at Aspen Drive. Disposition: Arrest made.
11:07 a.m. Assist Other Agencies: Occured at Texaco on Capital Hills Pkwy. CHP required a unit for back up. Car parked on side of road with a felony warrant subject, north of the 58 on Mill. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Feb. 12, 2014
9:01 a.m. Fire: Occurred on Chateau Court. Appeared to bw a fire near Jacaranda a few miles up, transferred caller to ECC. Disposition: Turn over to other agency.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Feb. 12 and the morning of Feb. 13, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 21 incidents, including a petty theft investigation on Lakeside Road, a grand theft investigation in Golden Hills, and a petty theft investigation on Woodford Tehachapi Road.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 68. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 69. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
• "Taste the Art" at The Art Studio is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 14 from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. The event is free.
• Main Street Tehachapi's 8th annual Valentine Wine and Chocolate Event is slated for Saturday, Feb. 15 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 the day of the event.
• U.S. Air Force Band of the Golden West, at the Fox Theater. Free, no resvervations. Doors open at 2 p.m.
• Ernest Troost, award-winning singer-songwriter is playing at Fiddlers Crossing on Saturday, Feb. 22, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15.
• The Bear Valley Springs CSD board is meeting on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 6 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
• The Tehachapi City Council's next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District is meeting Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 5:30 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 490 West "D" St.
• The Tehachapi Cummings County Water District is meeting Wednesday, Feb 19. 4 p.m. at 22901 Banducci Rd.
• The Golden Hills Community Services Distrct's next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / at Foothill next Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at North this Thursday, Feb. 13 and vs. Foothill at home – THS Gym next Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at North this Thursday, Feb. 13. CIF Division III Playoffs start next week.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. North at home – Coy Burnett Field this Thursday, Feb. 13.
Wrestling – SEYL Individual Championships at East High, Friday-Saturday, Feb.14-15.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES• Alice Catherine Coghlan, 1938 — 2014
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, Feb. 14
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org