© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Feb. 12, 2014:
The latest news - The Kern County Fire Department is gearing up for fire season early this year as drought conditions persist throughout California. Read more HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
Feb. 11, 2014
8:01 a.m. Defrauding an innkeeepr. Occurred at Denny’s on Magellan Drive. Past occurred - Customer walked out without paying last night. Make contact with manager. Disposition: Report taken.
8:54 a.m. Stolen vehicle. Occurred at Best Western Mountain Inn on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Past occurred- yesterday-female subject, stating she was been beaten yesterday by her male friend and her rental vehicle was taken. No medical needed at this time. Female went to the hospital last night. Disposition: Arrest made.
10:27 a.m. Petty theft less than $400. Occurred at Mobile Estates Park on South Dennison Road. Someone has stolen her pills from her home. Disposition: Report taken.
10:32 a.m. Shots fired/heard. One shot heard near a church at Black Oak Drive and Barlett Court. Reporting person did not see anything, only heard the shot. Disposition: Unable to locate.
11:44 a.m. Found property. Found needle. Occured at Central Park on East "D" Street. Reporting person found a needle next to the gazebo, concerned that a child will make contact with it. Dispostion: Assignment completed.
2:57 p.m. Trespassing. Occured at East Tehachapi Boulevard and South Dennison Road. Two trespassers on train. Disposition: Arrrest made.
5:03 p.m. Auto Accident - No injuries or property damage. Occured at Kohnen's Country Bakery on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Disposition: Arrest made.
Feb. 12, 2014
12:11 a.m. Disturbing the Peace. Occured at Dog House Saloon on West Tehachapi Boulevard. Two subjects in parking lot. No weapons seen. Disposition: No further action.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department:
Feb. 11, 20148:42 a.m. Extra patrol. Officer initiated activity at Cummings Valley Elementary, Bear Valley Road. Disposition: Assignment completed.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between Feb. 11 and the morning of Feb. 12, the Kern County Sheriff's Department responded to 31 incidents, including a stolen vehicle investigation in Golden Hills.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. Light west wind becoming west northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• "Tase the Art" at The Art Studio is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 14 from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. The event is free.
• Main Street Tehachapi's 8th annual Valentine Wine and Chocolate Event is slated for Saturday, Feb. 15 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 the day of the event.
• Ernest Troost, award-winning singer-songwriter is playing at Fiddlers Crossing on Saturday, Feb. 22, starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15.
• The Bear Valley Springs CSD board is meeting on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 6 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 28999 S. Lower Valley Road.
• The Tehachapi City Council's next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center, 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Recreation and Parks District is meeting Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 5:30 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 490 West "D" St.
• The Tehachapi Cummings County Water District is meeting Wednesday, Feb 19. 4 p.m. at 22901 Banducci Rd.
• The Golden Hills Community Services Distrct's next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the district's headquarters, 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) vs. North at home – THS Gym this Wednesday, Feb. 12 and at Foothill next Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at North this Thursday, Feb. 13 and vs. Foothill at home – THS Gym next Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at North this Thursday, Feb. 13. CIF Division III Playoffs start next week.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. North at home – Coy Burnett Field this Thursday, Feb. 13.
Wrestling – SEYL Individual Championships at East High, Friday-Saturday, Feb.14-15.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICESNone since last Friday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Thursday, Feb. 13.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com