© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for March 27, 2014:
The latest news - The Kern County Grand Jury has issued a report concerning the California Correctional Institution and its leaky roofs and other facility issues. For more info, read HERE.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
• Sleeping Beauty opens at Beekay Friday
• Tractor Supply holding grand opening Saturday
• Construction on Challenger Drive to begin
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
The public safety report is based upon our request to have information from the various agencies each weekday morning, covering the period since our last contact. We appreciate those agencies that are helping us bring you the News@Noon.
NOTE: Reports of traffic stops, pedestrian checks and other activities without details have been eliminated from the reports published here.
Tehachapi Police Department:
March 26, 2014
10:13 a.m. Burglary report, occurred on South Green Street. Disposition: Report taken.
Bear Valley Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
Kern County Sheriff Tehachapi Substation: Between March 26 and the morning of March 27, the Kern County Sheriffs Department responded to 27 incidents, including a child endangerment on Westwood Boulevard, a spousal battery investigation on Santa Barbara Drive, and a minor aircraft incident in Sand Canyon.
Stallion Springs Police Department: Nothing reported.
California Highway Patrol: Nothing reported.
Today: A 20 percent chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 60. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 40. West northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• A Midsummer Night's Dream: A Child's Version, performed by Tehachapi High School's advanced drama class, is at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 27, at the THS Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $4 and $6. For more information, call 868-9966.
• Sleeping Beauty, presented by TCT Jr., is at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 28, and Saturday, March 29, at the Beekay Theatre. Tickets are $10.
• Alan Reid and Rob van Sante are performing at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 4, at Fiddlers Crossing. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20. For more information, call 823-9994.
• Tehachapi Valley Arts Association's "Eggstravaganza", an annual egg decorating contest, will be accepting decorated eggs from March 31 through April 7, at Galley 'n' Gifts, 100 W. Tehachapi Blvd. Entries are open to all ages with a $1 entry fee. Voting by the public will take place from April 8 through 19, with the winners to be announced the day before Easter Sunday.
• Bear Valley Springs Cultural Arts Association will present its 30th annual art show over Easter week of April 12 through 20. The event will kick off with a reception Saturday, April 12, at 4 p.m., at Oak Tree Country Club.
• Prostate Support Group to meet Thursday, March 27, at 7 p.m., in the Hospital Conference Room. The program will include a video entitled "Advanced Disease." The Conference Room is located just east of the hospital main entrance at 115 W. "E" St.
• Narcotics Anonymous will meet Saturday, March 29, at 3:30 p.m., at the Christian Life Assembly, 920 W. Valley Blvd. There will be a guest speaker and free hotdogs. Bring chips and a drink.
• The Good Shepherd Preschool will host a picnic in the playground on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Individuals who are, were, want to be an educator in the early childhood sector are invited to attend. Bring a picnic dinner, drinks will be provided. R.S.V.P. by calling Sarah or Candace at 823-7740.
• The Tehachapi Humane Society will host a bake and craft sale at Kmart on Saturday, April 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They need bakers, craft makers and helpers for the day of the sale. Spring is the theme, if possible. Call Carol at 822-5433 if you can help out.
• The Kern County Fire Department will hold a Hazard Reduction Contractor/Service Provider meeting Saturday, March 29, at 10 a.m., at Camp 8 in Tehachapi. The class will provide prospective contractors and property owners with guidelines for creating defensible space around homes in urban interface areas.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Baseball – Varsity/Jayvee vs. Paraclete-Lancaster at home (3:30 p.m.) on Friday, March 28.
Softball – No games scheduled the rest of this week. Varsity/Jayvee vs. East at home and Frosh at East (4 p.m.) next Wednesday, April 2.
Swimming – Varsity/Jayvee at Foothill (4 p.m.) at Jefferson Pool – Bakersfield on Friday, March 28.
Track and Field – Varsity/Jayvee at Wildcat Invitational (8 a.m.) on Saturday, March 29.
Tennis – Varsity at Garces and Jayvee vs. Garces at home (3:30 p.m.) on Thursday, March 27. Varsity at East and Jayvee vs. East at home (3:30 p.m.) on Tuesday, April 1.
Golf – Golf at SEYL Mini Tournament – Sundale Country Club (12 p.m.) on Thursday, March 27.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
None since yesterday's News@Noon.
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, March 28.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
SIGN UP for Breaking News Alerts from TehachapiNews.com
SIGN UP to join us on Twitter
VISIT US on Facebook
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: email@example.com