© 2014 by Tehachapi News
The Tehachapi News presents the News@Noon for Jan. 9, 2014:
The latest news - The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District is hosting their monthly board meeting tonight at the BVSCSD headquarters on 28999 S. Lower Valley Road at 6 p.m. Agenda items include discussion and direction to staff on how to proceed with filling the vacant seat on the district board, and review and/or selection of a temp or recruiting agency to help find a general manager. The board will also discuss the proposed timber harvest agreement between the CSD and Bear Mountain Ranch owner, Charles Abel.
Stories recently posted to our website that may interest you:
Don't miss the news and feature stories in this week's Tehachapi News — available in stores and coin machines around town or CLICK HERE to subscribe.
PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
Due to staffing issues, we must take a brief hiatus from passing along the Public Safety Report. Watch for it to return soon.WEATHER FORECAST
Today: Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 44 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 34. North wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 56. East northeast wind around 5 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
• Sligo Rags is performing at Fiddlers Crossing on Jan. 11, starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• Wine pairing dinner at Don Juan’s Latin Grill, featuring wines of Opolo Vineyards. Saturday, Jan. 18. Fundraiser for Rotary of Tehachapi. Tickets: $70. Information call: 818-519-7144
• Fiddlers Crossing: Amber Cross, Old time/country/folk, Saturday, Jan. 25, 7 p.m. $20.
CIVIC CALENDAR• The Bear Valley Springs Community Services District will hold its monthly board meeting on Thursday, Jan. 9 at 6 p.m. at the CSD on 28999 South Lower Valley Road.
• The Tehachapi Planning Commission's next meeting is set for Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Unified School District's next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Claude L. Wells Education Center on 300 S. Robinson St.
• The Tehachapi Valley Healthcare District is meeting Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Golden Hills Community Services District headquarters on 21415 Reevest St.
• The Golden Hills Community Services District next board meeting is slated for Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the GHCSD headquarters on 21415 Reeves St.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS THIS WEEK
Wrestling – SEYL Dual Meet at the THS gym with East-Bakersfield (5 p.m.) on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Centennial Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 10-11. SEYL Dual Meet at the THS gym with Highland-Bakersfield on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Boys Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) vs. Frontier at home – THS gym on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Girls Basketball – Varsity (6:30 p.m.) / Jayvee (5:15 p.m.) / Frosh-Soph (4 p.m.) at Frontier on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Boys Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) at Foothill on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
Girls Soccer – Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Independence at home – Coy Burnett Field on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Varsity at South Tournament on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 10-11. Varsity (6 p.m.) / Jayvee (4:30 p.m.) vs. Foothill at home – Coy Burnett Field on Tuesday, Jan. 14.
LATEST OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
The next News@Noon will be published at noon on Friday, Jan. 10.
TEHACHAPI NEWS Subscriber Services ONLINE HELP, 24-7
Have ideas for the News@Noon? Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org